Is she over reacting? are the in-laws unreasonable?

Dear Viewers: here is a story from a friend of mine, we need ur opinions:

"Ok, yes, I admit that things are not perfect with my inlaws. Although I love my in-laws, and they feel the same too, and although we are very close, there is something that she does that bothers me.

It's a very long story but I'll try to keep it short. In a nut shell, she doesn't think of my kids when she goes shopping, bottom line.

Every week she makes care packages for all her grandkids (6 of them, which includes my two step children) She buys all kinds of goodies, etc. and give each one of them a bag EACH week.

She also goes clothing shopping, everytime there is a sale, she buys for all 6. This happens in an average of twice a month.

She knows my kids don't have grandparents, nor aunts that "give" things to them. Why can she think of my kids for once!!??

Yes, she did give them christmas presents, and b-day presents.... but that's the extend of it.

We have a dog, and can you believe she buys food for the dog? Do you think that this is a slap in the face? she thinks of the dog first than my kids??

My husband confronted her last month, and she just said that she wasn't going to do this anymore. (buying care packages) Of course, she didn't.

This past Sunday, we had his kids with us, and I had my youngest. We went to my inlaws house, and in front of my daughter, she gave them each their care packages.

When my daughter saw it she said, she would like some gatorade... which my step daughter responded... "NO, this is mine". Yet, when she comes home, I never say.. don't drink this or eat that, cause it belongs to my kids.

Well... needless to say, I'm hurt by all this. So is my husband.

Today, I was supposed to go to Vermont for the weekend with her and my two sisters-in-laws... I didn't go. ( a tradition they have every year -- a girls only weekend) My father-in-law came home 2 nights ago and asked me if I was exited about the trip, and I told him I wasn't going. WE both explained to him the reason why... to my surprise he responded.... that "they (my girls) are not our grandkids, that I shouldn't expect the same treatment" which I can respect his reasoning, but thinking about my kids once in a while won't hurt.

I prefer to avoid a sitation, and keep away as much as I can. What hurts me the most is that I really like them!"

What do you think? is she over reacting? are the in-laws unreasonable?

I think it does seem unfair. I can understand your friends inlaws favouring their own grandkids, perhaps that is human. However, kids are kids, and all deserve love and affection! It would be loving, caring and kind if her inlaws could take their "step grandkids" into the family and offer them gifts too and show them the love and affection an extended family can offer. Kids should also be taught to share around their things.