understanding coworker's hell

Hi,

I have to team up with a low self-esteem dude whose life sucks even more since he got married with a controlling trash.

Note that I haven't hired him (I am a trainee in my 20's) but I actually have to cope with this social failure. He has an executive cousin working in the firm so tricking him would backfire.

I need to understand how this zombie could affect my career.

His trademark topic when I happen to have a break with him is "Well women, uhhh!, you know what, but ehh! what can we do?, they are women" and so on... the typical unassertive lambdas' song.

Now his wife is a 5 months pregnant and i am sure he hasn't had sex since then and won't never have some again unless she wants another baby. Of course he is very happy because he's a father now and life rocks, yeahhh ! But life actually hasn't sucked so much and he's more depressed than ever.

What are the typical milestones for a marriage of this sort?

Thanks for your insights, I really need to anticipate things!

JustLooking123

Why do you care so much about this guy's marriage? Why are you so hateful towards him - does it make you feel better about yourself? You talk like you know the whole story and fully understand his situation, but I'm pretty sure you don't. I don't understand your question.