introduction

nothing more than that really. no major life changing problems to report. i've been lurking for a loooong time so I figured that I might as well add my own story.

i met my wife online in the chat rooms of the globe.com. (any yall old timers enough to remember the globe?) we chatted for months and struck up a friendship. she came to visit me one weekend and i fell like a brick. I already knew her from months of conversation, but I had never seen her. her look, her attitude, the way she moved all sexy cool and funny, it was unavoidable. I knew right then and there that I would marry this woman. She on the other hand, took a little more convincing. Eventually however, she agreed to be my bride. i dropped everything, moved cross country, and never looked back. (Just for the record I have never had a problem uprooting myself for what i felt was good reason, hell I have never had a problem uprooting myself for what i now consider stupid reasons). It was the biggest risk i had ever taken in my life. 8 years and three children later we are still together. we are best friends, lovers, co-parents, husband and wife. and it seems to me we are getting better at it as we go along.

at times being married is hard work. when your partner has done someting that has near put you over the moon with anger it's not easy to see how you are gonna work through it all. but then there come the other times when everything just seems to be clicking, and being married seems easier than breathing. i guess maybe it's like they say in AA, it works if you work it.

i love my wife. at the end of the day my life is much richer with her in it than it could ever be without. i look forward to coming home everyday. I look forward to seeing my kids and being badgered to play nintendo with my son. I look forward to watching tv, playing risk, or just conversing with my wife. Hell, i even look forward to the fights on the nights when i just know marital diplomacy is going start skidding off the track.

i don't worry that she might be cheating, she wouldn't. i don't worry that she might someday have an emotional affair with some scumbag on the net, she wouldn't. i worried once that she might leave me, but in the end it turned out she just needed to go back to her moms for a week cuase she was sick as hell from being pregnant with our third. I know for a fact i will never cheat or be untrue to her. If I cheat on her, I cheat on myself, Nothing is worth it. You couldn't find me a hot enough piece of tail or pay me enough money.

The sex, i suppose, is like that in any long term relationship. it goes through up and down cycles. Sometimes it's a month between encounters and i'm blue and red with frustration; sometimes it's days in a row and I'm weak from exertion. Sometimes it's mind blowing and sometimes its just meh. Whatever it is, it doesn't matter. It's being with her that i love. Sex is just sex, if i don't get it one day, it'll be there the another. If i we ain't on our game(s) one night, we will be the next. But coming home to her everynight , now that's something special.

She has given me three adorable children. she has enriched my life with her company, and she has kept me on my toes for the past 8 years. What more could a man possibly ask for in a woman? So what if she has gained weight? Doesn't really make her any less who she is, even if sometimes she can't see that.

That's not to say it's perfect. At times she drives me absolutely crazy. (the credit debacle of '05 really comes to mind, that one really tested my mettle). Sometimes i drive her to a screaming rage (the March of 06 great jones festival of nueroses comes to mind, that cannot have been pleasant). Sometimes suckage is just a part of being married. you have to take the bad with the good. In the end though , even knowing all her flaws, and most of my own, I would choose to be with her over any woman on earth any and every day of the week.

that's all. not really requesting advice, not really offering any. just putting it down and letting you take what you like.

Nice post, MrJones. It's a welcome respite from what sometimes seems like insurmountable marital problems we often see here. :)

In the end though, even knowing all her flaws, and most of my own, I would choose to be with her over any woman on earth any and every day of the week.

I think this is what separates real love from all the rest ... you understand and realize that this is the person you are willing to go through life with, even as it occurs to you that he or she has the capability to drive you bonkers. :D

I've always believed that marriage is a choice you make every day from the moment you said "I do," knowing that it isn't always exciting or perfect.

• Author
Nice post, MrJones. It's a welcome respite from what sometimes seems like insurmountable marital problems we often see here. :)

heh that's kinda why i posted. too much depression on these boards most of the time. good to meet ya

• 1 month later...
whichwayisup

Great post! I love how happy you are and thrilled to see your wife! I hope you keep that passion and desire for her burning for a very long time!

Your wife is a lucky lady.

• Author
mockeryjones
I hope you keep that passion and desire for her burning for a very long time!

me too, time will tell but i committed for life and i intend to honor that commitment.

Your wife is a lucky lady.

some days she is, other days i'm just a cranky bastard to live with. such is life.

re: Introduction of MockeryJones.

Astounding.

And welcome.

(Smile)

-Rio