LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Romantic > Long-Distance Relationships

FWB/love interest in town, no contact.

Long-Distance Relationships Coping with geographical distance can make or break a LDR. Share your experiences and questions here.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By bummer

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28th December 2017, 9:28 PM   #1

FWB/love interest in town, no contact.

FWB/romantic is home for the holidays. We've been in touch pretty frequently for over year since she moved (we text and facetime a lot, offer each other support when going through rough patches with life, etc, yet still date other people, though we're both currently single at this moment), we'd probably be dating if it weren't for the distance between us.

The night before she left, she called to let me know her travel plans, which I took as a sign that she was intending/wanting to see me. She let me know she arrived at the parents, which is a bit out of town, but since then hasn't replied to my last text from maybe 5 days ago. I really want to get together with her before she leaves (she's ridiculously gorgeous and really fun to be with), as well I genuinely want to catch up with her.

A part of me is a little annoyed that we've remained in touch really frequently over time, and I would think it would be rude to not even text or visit with someone when we happen to be in such close proximity and intimately. To me, if she takes off without giving me a 'dear john' text/call, i'd have to end our relationship/friendship there. I understand she probably been doing the family thing, but to go to radio silence for this amount of time seems rude.

But of course I don't want that, so i'm currently trying to play my cards right. What should I do? She's out in about a week. Should I break no contact? Should I call or text and ask if shes planning on seeing me at all? Should I send another 'nudge' text?
duncebutsmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2018, 12:20 AM   #2
Established Member

dont be a dunce

Text her, "Hey, we should go to bar/coffee place x by your house and catch up. Are you free this week at all?"

Seems harmless enough.
bummer is offline   Reply With Quote