Should I Stay or Should I Go

Hello Everyone,

I'm a 25 year old male who just finished law school and passed the bar exam. I'm currently working for a law firm and living approximately an hour and a half away from my girlfriend. We have dated for close to two years now. However, I have no intention on getting married or having kids any time soon, which she is well aware of.

She's helped me a lot and has been very supportive of my career thus far and I do care about her a lot. Physically she is not unattractive, but I feel I could do better (excuse the shallowness). My parents and friends are not that into her and I feel very isolated now from them as I feel I can't bring her around too often. I did not have this issue with any of my past girlfriends.

The main issue, however, is my career. I've just started practicing law and I feel I have so many new opportunities and events where I am constantly meeting new people. I certainly don't feel I have outlived the party stage of my life, and really enjoy going out for drinks and networking. My gf on the other hand never wants to go to a bar and would rather stay in and watch netflix.

There are many positives to her though. For instance, I know she is beyond proud of me, I trust her 100% and she is very caring. We do have a lot of petty fights, however, which I think is often from either miscommunication or frustration with how things have gone due to the distance and limited time we spend together.

Should I take the leap of faith and move on, or stay with the person who has supported me so much

It sounds like you already have one foot out the door. Im afraid if/when you do meet someone else you will dump this girl. Not fair to her, is it.

If you're thinking you want to get out and met people, enjoy the new job and new life that comes with it, you should leave her. It sounds, as the previous poster said, like you have one foot out the door already and typically that leads to either cheating or loveless relationships. Neither of which is going to be fair to you or her.

Go live your life! If its meant to work out with her, I think you'll find her again when you're ready to settle down. If not, Im sure you'll meet someone else and know exactly why you weren't fully satisfied in this relationship .

• Like 1