LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Romantic > Long-Distance Relationships

he is across the world but feels the closest

Long-Distance Relationships Coping with geographical distance can make or break a LDR. Share your experiences and questions here.

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By ExpatInItaly

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11th October 2017, 5:11 PM   #1

he is across the world but feels the closest

I met a boy online. He is from Denmark and he is one of the most amazing people I have ever met. His is funny and different and outgoing. I have talked to his mother on skype and he has met pretty much my entire family over Skype. We are very flirty, but nothing official.

I really think I love him, but I keep telling myself I can't love someone I've never met. I've known him for a year, but we've never met, but that is about to change. I bought plane tickets to go see him this spring break. I am so nervous. I am staying with him and his family and he is so excited he won't stop talking about the mesusms he is going to take me to because he knows I love mesusms.

The problem is right now we are technically just friends. We flirt, he's written and sang me love songs, we talk everyday, but we still are friends. I need advice on what to do when I see him. Do I run up and give him a kiss? Do I profess my love for him at the airport? What do I do?

I'm already having anxiety attacks over this and its happening in March. Please help.
Old 12th October 2017, 2:02 AM   #2
Established Member

I would not confess your love for him at the airport, no. Keep in mind you have no idea how much chemistry you will have in person - that is crticial. You love what you believe him to be, but you cannot love a person you've spent no time with offline.

Greet him with a hug and kiss on the cheek? Sure. You aren't strangers and have developed a rapport, so a warm greeting is appropriate.

However, I would strongly advise against staying with him and his family. You don't know if you two will get along in person. You might hit it off, or you might realize he smells like a garbage fire and is the most awkward person you've ever met. The point it, you don't know him well enough. I would book my own accommodations - that way, you will still have your space and be able to pace things, especially in the event that it doesn't go as well as you'd hoped.
Gaeta and elaine567 like this.
ExpatInItaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2017, 5:41 AM   #3
Established Member

Yeah ,l agree with expat tbh and it also could be pretty awkward staying with the family.But l guess you've all sort of met soooo, who knows.

Just wondering too, how come he isn't flying to you?
But anyway , l hope it's everything you both dreamed and more and you gotta let us know how it goes ok.
Good luck.

Last edited by Chilli; 12th October 2017 at 5:45 AM..
Chilli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2017, 10:58 PM   #4

I would say to take it slow,get to know each other,you don't want to rush into anything.
butterfly5545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2017, 5:57 PM   #5

Calm down. If there must be someone who does the "confession" thing first, that must be him, not you. Just calm down, and take things slow, don't rush it. Goodluck!
thaygiaogiang is offline   Reply With Quote