Long distance situation, but having doubts

YourCupOfTea

I have a question that is related to long distance situation.

I went traveling this winter and met a wonderful guy! We spend weeks together and had an amazing time! We don't live that far apart and I asked him to visit me after travels.

We kept in touch and he is making plans to visit me, the only problem is: He is still traveling for at least half a year, and I am back home already. I miss him a lot. Maybe I'm missing traveling and having trouble adjusting to normal life, and this isn't all about him, but I'm really afraid that I will sort of wait for him. I don't want to do that cause it doesn't seem all that good an idea for me for half a year. But unintentionally I am waiting I feel now…

I believed he feels the same way. Our contact is so much fun! We send each other silly video's, talk on the phone and he told me that he loves me.

Because I felt like he felt the same way I made the suggestion to visit him somewhere in the summer. He said that he would like that, but he wasn't as enthusiastic as I would have hoped. I'm not sure if I'm imagining it, but I feel more distance.

I backed off a bit to let things settle. But now I feel uneasy and wonder what I should do.

What I truly want at the moment is to see him this summer and keep in touch, but I don't want that if he doesn't feel the same way and its just a fling for him. and I'm having doubts about this now. I also don't want to push him in any way, he needs to enjoy his travels, and I feel that I will push him if I have a conversation about this.

My dilemma in a nutshell: On the one hand I would LOVE to keep in touch and maybe pop by him. On the other hand I sometimes think It might be better to not keep in touch so much, and just see what happens after his travels and see then if we still have an interest in seeing each other by that time.

I've been thinking that maybe I like him too much, and I'm afraid to keep on liking him too much for too long.

I sometimes feel that I can't do the thing in the middle of these options: Keeping in touch much and not waiting on him.

I'm having a hard time with this at the moment, and I'm not sure what the best for me is.

Edited by YourCupOfTea

With all of the ways to stay in touch these days I think you need to maintain some sort of connection but not exclusivity. Is it really too much for him to give you periodic updates about his travels?