I Don't Know, But Hoping For the Best

I got through my ex. Came to peace with all that happened. It was a tough recovery but I got over it. Something else came up though. I ended up meeting a lady from Facebook. It was from a foot fetish group. So she already knows what I like. Lol

She made a post on Facebook and I answered it, just to be funny. Next thing you know we were talking forever. One time we were texting for like 5hrs and ended up talking over the phone.

I'm not gonna lie she is very cute. And she's already shown me things that didn't make me doubt that she was into me. It was like an atomic bomb went off.

We didn't really bring it up on being an item, but it was there.

We're over 200 miles apart.

But one day something happened. I went to the movies and ran into my ex, her sister, and her cousin. My first time seeing my ex in months. But we have been talking here-and-there. Nothing serious.

So then, her sister tagged me in a post on Facebook. That I was there.

The girl saw it. And she claimed that i she was my GF.

I told her no that isn't my GF. And I told her my history with them. She said alright, she just don't want to get invested in someone who won't feel the same. She doesn't want to be alone in the feeling, which I understand. I assured her that she doesn't have competition. There's no way I am getting back to my ex. We are friends. There's nothing I can do for her, us going back together is like rubbing sandpaper together.

We haven't talked thatmuch lately but we both have been busy. Especially her. But she'll text me when she can. But I am weary that she is keeping distant because she thinks I am still all into my ex. She told me that she believes me. So I am taking her word for it. Maybe I am overthinking. But sometimes a person can say one thing but the actions say another.

I think LDR require much communication. Not saying we need to text every hour on the hour, but at least every day. We're both the same age. We've been talking since the 16th of November.

What I was thinking of doing, is surprising her. I look at the messages, seems like I type more words than her. So I am going to slow that down. But I am thinking of throwing her for a loop. She loves poetry and I am great at that. Also I was going to draw her a portrait.

Idk I just don't want us to fade away over misunderstandings.

• Author

I don't know now. She told me her phone was off. That she did not pay her bill. Okay. So then she says that she'll text me when she can at work. I thought she did not work Tuesdays.

I haven't heard a word back from her. She usually gets out of work at 1AM. I text her like a half hour after. Still nothing. I am not feeling the same communication we had before. We talked on the phone too, but how can we do that again when she isn't even available for conversation? I like her enough to make this work but it's looking completely different. If I don't hear anything back from her by 4pm tomorrow I'll just confront her about it and prepare for disappointment; which life is full of.

I would say you two need to meet in person before too long.

It sounds like you're both getting too attached too quickly. If I understand correctly, you've only been communicating for about a week. Is that accurate?

Don't put too much weight on someone's texts or phone calls unless and until you meet in real life.

• Author

Yes only for a week. But my thing is, how can we even get to that point if she isn't communicating? We stay 4hrs apart. Seems like once she stuck to me, I ended up sticking to her, and now she's kinda distant. I'm taking account that the holiday is around and she'll be working on that day. It will be very busy. But it just seems like she's walling me. I know it's not a big deal to text before bed or something. I really don't care for good morning texts.

Idk. This is my first time trying the long distance thing. Seems like I'll just have to take two steps back and see how it folds. I'm not going to reach out. But if she isn't reaching out or being interactive, I will say something about it.

• Author

Well I presented my case a few times. First time her phone was off. She forgot to pay her phone bill and didn't know it was going off. She texted me back though. Next time I confronted her and she was too busy dealing with Black Friday shoppers. Which was understandable but I told her that I texted her before work. She claimed that she went in at 9am. She didn't get off until midnight I suppose.

I confront her harder and she apologizes and says she has a stomach bug. She had it all day and been sleeping all day (so I suppose this is her day off). But I'm just not going to text her anymore. We're both the same age and she's been married once, she knows how to treat a guy that she's interested in by now. I just don't see why she's stringing it along. Instead of just telling me the truth she keeps giving excuses.

Oh well. I assume tomorrow I won't hear a thing from her, and by the day after that either. I swear...I was happier when I was just single by my own choice. I may revert solely back to that. Thanks @ExpatInItaly for replying.

You're still single, what has changed? Being interested in someone doesn't mean you're not single anymore, does it?

She's not your girlfriend. Ask her if she'd meet you on her first day off. Or second one. Anyway, not paying one's bills doesn't look good.

• Author

No I meant I was happier when I wasn't looking to date. Wasn't looking to invest kind of time in any woman. Didn't mean to confuse that with actually dating. No since in asking about that now. She doesn't contact me at all. She's not even on Facebook a lot. Either she got some other dude or she just wasn't into me like I thought. I'm not talking to her anymore.