He became too busy

Me and my boyfriend are in a long distance relationship, for almost 2 years now. But so much has changed.

In the beginning when everything was new and shiny, he couldn't get enough of me. He wanted to talk to me all the time, apologised when he stood away for longer than 2 days, ..

But now he's on college, and I have to wait ages just to get a small text conversation with him.

It's not 2 days, not 1 week, usually I have to wait 2 weeks just for a small conversation. If we talk, he tells me he loves me, but sometimes I can't hold my sadness back, because I'm already scared for all the time I have to wait afterwards again, and the conversation is ruined.

I know that college takes a lot of time, and I can understand it. I just start to doubt on myself.

Am I too annoying? Am I a weight? Am I a priority?

It hurts so bad to wait all the time, i miss him so much. Just for a normal call it usually takes about 3-4 months, let alone a Skype call. I'm used to it and it became normal to me, yet it hurts so bad.

I've talked with friends about it, and all of them told me it's unhealthy and I should leave him, but I'm so unsure. I love him so much, I don't want to give up on us.

The reason I wrote this post is, I hope to get some advice from a neutral person, since I don't know what to do..

Thanks for reading

Have a great day! :)

I’ve been in a long distance relationship, and I know how difficult it can get. That said, I think that as you ask for advice from others, you will end up getting all sorts of opinion which would probably leave you more confused and undecided about the state of your relationship. I would suggest that you share your concerns openly with your boyfriend and then take it from there. Sending you hugs!

Hello Littlestmoon. Welcome to LS. I'm very sorry you're in this situation.

All I have to say is "people make time for those who are important to them".

• Like 3

2 weeks for a conversation??? 3-4 months for a phone call?!?!? :eek: Unless your bf is living in the middle of a jungle in a 3rd world country and has to walk 50 km from his house to the nearest cell phone tower... there is just no excuse that justifies that level of contact. "College" doesn't even come close.

When my SO and I were in a LDR, he was a med school student and spent 60+ hours a week in various rotations, not including time studying. We still spoke on the phone or VOIP most days, and on the few days when we couldn't, we sent emails/texts where possible. I agree with LT - people make time for those who are priorities to them.

You need to ditch this guy, OP. This is not a relationship in any way. :( Best of luck!

• Like 4

No, you are not a priority. In fact, you sound waaaaay down his priority list.

Why have you been tolerating this for so long? Do you really think so little of your own needs that you'd accept this poor excuse for a relationship?

• Like 1

Are you sure that you two are in fact still together?

It isn't normal to speak so little, long-distance or not. You might not want to give up, but he already has.

Sadly, he's pulled so far away probably in the hopes that you would take the hint and break up with him so he doesn't have to feel bad doing so. He isn't into you anymore, OP.