Hiding something online

Been dating this girl long distance for a few months now long distance but she's moving up around my area for uni in septemeber.

It's been going great we've had a few days out together by going down to visit her and we talk every day and get on really well, and we have a lot in common.

However, concerns are starting to creep in, yesterday I went to help her and her mum move stuff into her new uni house. At the end her mum went round taking pictures purposely leaving me out of it which was fine by me. At the end she wanted a picture of me and her, which she took.

Then we went for a meal after and the whole day was great.

The problem is that the mother put all this on facebook, but she left the picture of me and her out of the uploads, and she failed to acknowledge my presence at the meal later.

I get the impression that she didn't want someone online finding out about us, this despite her telling her friends and colleagues about me and having a picture of me and her in her purse.

I had a feeling that she's also in contact with her ex too because I saw him post on her wall, but she ignored it

I may be overthinking it but i've been messed round with in the past and i dont want it to happen again. Im just a little concerned and dont know whether to confront her.

Being upfront with someone is key to a relationship, don't you agree? Communication has to be open and often. If you are having questions, talk to her. Ask her your questions.

Hi kilburn122,

Welcome to the LS LDR forum.

I guess the mother should ask for permission before posting anything about you online. And what's more, I think that posting pictures about her daughter's romantic life would be out of place. It shouldn't be up to her, rather up to your girlfriend.

You're the man, here.

1. Ask her mother if you can have that picture she took, because you'd love to have it.

2. Ask your girlfriend if you can post that picture online

If she agrees to that, fine. If she doesn't want you to, she'll have to explain why to you.