Not sure if he's into me anymore

So I’m in college and the last week I was there I met this really nice and sweet boy. He seemed so different to me because he seemed like he had his head on straight and very caring. So we hung out a lot the last week I was there. He told me he would be working all summer and be very busy, so we probably wouldn’t talk as much, but he said that he would be loyal. I really want to trust that he is, but he is a guy. Of course, we already had sex, so I’m kind of stuck on him. And he always did little cute things to make me like him even more like staring and laying on my stomach. The beginning of summer we still talked normally, but now that it is the end of summer things have changed. I haven’t talked to him in a month. I always hit him up first the past couple of times. I really like him and want things to work out between us, but I’m just not sure. I like his Instagram pics sometimes so he can at least think about me and he likes mine also sometimes. I feel like he should have time to at least text me “hey”. Of course my friend thinks I shouldn’t text him first again. I don't know if he thinks I've moved on or if he has, but I haven't. And I'm not sure if he's waiting for me to go back to school so we can talk again or what. I don't know what to do. Please give some advice.

ExpatInItaly

If you haven't spoken for a month, I would let it go. If he were worried that you were moving on, he'd have initiated contact by now.

Also, I would question what he meant by remaining loyal - you weren't a couple, if I understand correctly. Did he mean he wouldn't sleep with other girls? I don't mean to minimize your feelings, but you hung out for just one week. While you enjoyed your time, there wasn't much of a foundation to build on and he already warned you that you wouldn't talk very much over the summer. I

An important lesson here is that interested men act interested. He isn't acting interested at this point. I agree with your friends; don't reach out to him again.