Moral Support???

Hermione Weasley

I have known this wonderful man for five months now. We met online and a few days ago planned a last minute meetup next weekend. Well, thanks to a last minute health issue with my pet (he's going to be ok but only after an expensive surgery) I can't go. I haven't told him I have to cancel yet bc he's currently in another country and won't be awake for a few more hours. He's going to be devastated, and I feel terrible. We were both SO excited for this little adventure. It's an unavoidable situation, but I'm feeling so damn guilty...

I'm just killing time online (getting more anxious by the minute) and stumbled onto this site. Thought I'd post for the hell of it and see if I might find some moral support :)

Look at it this way...

HOW he reacts when you tell him will tell *you* more than any other conversations or behavior you've experienced with this guy up to this point.

Your news is a bit of a test, even though it was totally unplanned. News of your pet's unfortunate health issue that's making it necessary for you to change your plans will either:

a) Affirm that this guy is a keeper

b) Prove that he's not worth the effort in the long run

Don't try and influence his reaction either way. Just tell him the truth (including how disappointed you are that it has put a spanner in your plans), and see how he responds.

Think of this development as a "gift" which it is. A lot of people don't have the chance you've been given until they've invested a lot more in the relationship than you have to-date which means they feel doubly let down when they realize they have wasted their time with someone who they thought knew.

If he's a decent sort, your eventual meet-up will be all the more rich and meaningful because of what has transpired. Promise. In the meantime, don't over-think, and try to chill.

Best,

TMichaels

salparadise

He's not stranded in Ghana is he?

Just invite him to come see you instead, so you won't have to leave your pet.

salparadise
If he's a decent sort, your eventual meet-up will be all the more rich and meaningful because of what has transpired. Promise.

You promise? You have an awful lot of confidence in your crystal ball.

You promise? You have an awful lot of confidence in your crystal ball.

Yep, I do. The true measure of another is not what they say, but how they act and how they treat you, especially when the sh|t hits the fan.

Best,

TMichaels

• Like 1

Your pet will always be with you no matter what, because they're our best friends. This man just has to understand and respect your woes right now. Can't really get caught up with the emotional state of mind your putting yourself in right now. You don't know and foreseen what would happen when the two of you meet-up for the first time? Who's footing the bill for him to travel to see you? I hope your not doing that! They'll never come too you? Why should they when your sending real money too them! One final note why, because for them to come would cut off the supply and demand! Of free income to be had by a thieves they are. I only saying this just to let others know what's going online today in LDR in most cases.

Edited by coolheadal