Girl from Oregon

about a year ago a girl from oregon started talking to me on a different forum (im from north carolina)...i responded and we went back and forth for a while as this went on she told me that she had just recently gotten out of a relationship with her ex boyfriend of like 9 years . (he's the only bf shes ever had and she says he's also the only guy shes ever been intimate with) after a while she askes if id like to start texting and then gives me her number...once again,SHE initiated this phase as well.

we're texting for a while and then she ends up telling me she thinks shes in love with me..time goes on and we're talking about meeting in august in las vegas...she said some of her familiy members want to go with her to meet me (like 4 people)....i want to beleive that all the things shes been telling me are true but i have alot of suspicions about her....she says im the only guy shes currently talking to.

do you think it would be a good idea to fly all that way to meet her?...like i said im from NC and she's from Oregon but we'd be meeting in las vegas

EDIT: I KNOW shes not cat fishing me because we've exchanged pictures and talked on the phone many times.

Edited by Will9

It's a lot cheaper to visit in Oregon than Vegas and if her family wants to meet you why not on home turf? Fishy. That, along of the 'she thinks she loves me' part. A bit much and I've done the really long distance stuff, like other continents.

However, if things go sideways you'll have far more social opportunities in Vegas. If you like fishing and hiking, Oregon has plenty of that.

As far as the flying part, that's easy and reasonable. Think of it as a vacation. CLT or RDU to Vegas is probably cheaper than into PDX or one of the smaller airports in Oregon.

• Author

I just feel like she's too good to be true. thats part of the reason im suspicious about the whole thing...shes beautiful (but for some reason thinks shes ugly), curvy/thick, funny, sweet, open-minded, has a unique personality and isnt a follower or a sheep, shes quiet and family oriented (not a wild party/club girl), spends alot of time with her neices and nephews and has a strong maternal vibe to her, also she parcitipates in relay for life with her mom and sister. they have a relay for life team....not to mention we like that same kind of music and movies and both LOVE cooking and food...we're basically foodies.

I dont want to let her slip through my fingers but part of me feels like since she's only had one boyfriend (shes 25, im 26) that maybe ill just end up being the guy she has a fling with before she eventually meets the guy she REALLY likes...the guy she gets serious with..

This is my first experience with LDR and it definetly is bittersweet, as they say....I feel a bit stupid for getting my heart tied up in all this...im a tough type of guy...I dont let ANYTHING hurt me ..but this is different.

Edited by Will9
justwhoiam
i want to beleive that all the things shes been telling me are true but i have alot of suspicions about her
Can you share where your doubts stem from? Also, I had suggested you'd check her info (like home address, phone number owner, etc.) through some "professional" service which can come very cheap to you. Some companies have lots of useful databases that you can't access on your own, but you access through them... Put in $10 or so, I think it's worth it before you embark on a trip to Vegas.

she says im the only guy shes currently talking to.
Well, I usually wouldn't advise so, but... test her. Like, set up another account in the forum, then contact her through it. Then see how it evolves. See if she starts slowing down communication with your old "you" and if she becomes flirty with the "new guy". Give it a month like end of June to see how things are going and ask her again if she's talking to anyone else, and see if she's being honest about it.

do you think it would be a good idea to fly all that way to meet her?
Without checking her info, no. Be smart.

I KNOW shes not cat fishing me because we've exchanged pictures and talked on the phone many times.
Most people who got catfished received/exchanged pictures and talked on the phone. Are you kidding? That means you know very little about catfishing.

On a side note, she let February go to make sure no one else was showing up other than you. That would be enough to put me off to begin with.

Secondly, I'm not sure how serious she takes pyschic readings or how she let them affect her life, because that can be a huge issue, especially if you end up counting less than a psychic in decision making.

And finally, from what you described, she's a bit too rampant for my tastes in pursuing you. But that's just me, obviously.

justwhoiam

One final note about meeting her while she's traveling with other 4 people, who are her relatives:

Ask her how she sees the possible meeting or "first date", if she'd be alone or with the party of 4. That can make a huge difference. Plus, picture yourself alone among 5 people you don't know. I'd never put myself in such a position, in an unknown city, if I can't trust the people I'm meeting. It's just wise, so please think about that too.

^^^ IMO, that's really good advice but I did have to laugh out loud, at myself, showing up at the train station in Odessa greeted by my date, her daughter, my interpreter and my driver, none of whom I'd ever met before, and having a wad of cash on me that I'd be embarrassed to admit to. That's Odessa, Ukraine. Ah, to be young and adventurous again! However, to give the OP heart, boy that doctor from Ukraine was the sweetest lady I'd met at that point, could kiss like the dickens and the lovemaking was pretty good too and got better over time, far better than my Russian ever did :D

Me, I'd probably go because I've seen a lot of the world and seen a lot of sideways in the world and would adjust expectations. Instant girlfriend? Nah.

Lois_Griffin
EDIT: I KNOW shes not cat fishing me because we've exchanged pictures and talked on the phone many times.

Have you actually video chatted in real time with her?

Pictures mean nothing.

If all you've got are pictures that might or might not be her and a voice on the phone, you have NO idea who'll you'll be meeting (if anyone) in Vegas. She could be some 300 pound, 42 year old lonely housewife.

Do your homework for God's sakes.