In a relationship but crushing on a guy friend

I have been in a semi-long distance relationship with a guy for a little over 2 years now. He is in college 3 hours away and his hometown is an hour away from where I live. He is a great guy, incredibly handsome, a hard worker, kind hearted and caring. But lately we've hit a bit of a rough patch and I'm not sure how to take it. We only see each other every two weeks. I'm used to it because it's been this way for 2 years. But lately, we barely talk and when we do it's very short/confrontational. I've talked to him twice about how we need to communicate better and it has slightly improved, but our conversations are not nearly as long or fun as they used to be. When I see him, I don't get the same butterflies in my stomach feeling. However, I have been developing a crush on a guy that I have known for many years over the past few months. We have a class together this year and every time I see him I get nervous. He snapchats me every day and flirts with me. I want to flirt back but I feel so guilty because I feel like I'm going behind my boyfriend's back. The guy has asked me about my boyfriend and I told him about how we barely talk anymore and I feel a lot more distanced from him nowadays. The guy is so sweet, funny and cute. Not to mention he's my age and lives in the same town as me. I love my boyfriend very much but I've been having a lot of doubts over the past few months. I feel like I can't talk to my mom about it because she loves my boyfriend and truly thinks that it was God's plan for us to be together. I feel like she'd be really mad and disappointed in me if I told her I liked another guy. I felt that way (the whole God's plan thing) for a long time too but I'm only 18 and I'm about to go off to college. I'm not saying that if we break up I will end up with my guy friend, but I feel like since I'm having second thoughts it may be time for me to start finding myself and maybe dating other people. Any advice?

Its up to you at the end of the day, its your life and your control so don't let anyone deter who should you be with or what to do. If you have problems with LD bf you should talk about it and really see whats going on. I feel like that people break up so many times since their communication with eachother isn't good. By the way its just part of us humans to be physical with our bf/gf's and since you are not getting that from your bf your brain is telling you to go for the other guy. If you want your relationship to work you got to have good communication with your partner and just to be truly honest what do you want from the relationship - goes for both of you. Hope you do well :)

I think you should do the guy a favour and break up with him so he can find a woman that truly appreciates him and would be 100% loyal.