Things are not feeling right.

I was going out with a guy for a year and a half and we were supposed to move in together this month. I went home for the summer from college and he stayed in the city. Before I moved home, things were great. I couldn't ask for better. However, in June he broke up with me saying things just weren't the same, leaving me to find a place to live. Before that, during the long distance, things were not great. He would ignore my texts, never call, always bail on skype dates, etc... On my birthday, which was in august, I went to the city for the weekend and happened to see him. He told me he was sorry and that he took me for granted, he loved me and he couldn't see himself with anyone else. And so we got back together.

At first, things were great again. It's still long distance but he would message me all the time, asked me how my day was, get on skype and watch movies with me, etc.. However, it has been 2 months and things are starting to not feel right. He doesn't ignore me, but he might not say good night or he might not answer back for a while. He also doesn't show the same excitement that he did when we first got back together.

I just need to know if I am overthinking things and I should just chill out or if it's pointless to continue because he will end it again. I don't know what to do because I really love him.

franksthebear

Im in the same boat.

my partner is growing distant while she is at university. I feel helpless as well.

Things are slowing and I dont know what to do, if anything can be done.

Its probably best you had a talk about it with him, less difficult then dealing with the slowing

• Author

It bothers me a lot. I'm afraid to tell him how I feel because he might think I am being too clingy. Since the break-up, I am afraid it will happen again. :(

Honestly, I would step back a bit and find things (friends, hobbies, work, school, etc.) to keep you busy. Go out more with friends and fill up your time with activities you enjoy. I would not talk to him about it or call him/text him more as it would make you appear insecure. Him realizing you are busy living your life and not depending on him for your happiness will make you much more attractive in his eyes.

Trust your gut. You want to be someone who is crazy about you. The worst that can happen is that the relationship ends but you would have kept your life full enough that the aftermath wouldn't affect you so badly.

• Like 2
ExpatInItaly

When he broke up with you in June, what exactly did he say didn't feel right? Had he fallen out of love? Wanted to be single?

I think you're seeing that you're not much of a priority. Step back for a little bit and see if he initiates. If he doesn't, then I'd move on.

Lois_Griffin
However, in June he broke up with me saying things just weren't the same, leaving me to find a place to live. Before that, during the long distance, things were not great. He would ignore my texts, never call, always bail on skype dates, etc... On my birthday, which was in august, I went to the city for the weekend and happened to see him. He told me he was sorry and that he took me for granted, he loved me and he couldn't see himself with anyone else. And so we got back together.

Why would you go back to such a d*ck?

I mean that sincerely. Why would you give him a SECOND chance to disrespect you to the level he did the first time? Once wasn't enough?

I don't get it:

aren't you moving in together this month? You should have plenty to do other than dwelling on your perceptions... If it doesn't work, you move out.

But I agree, it's not clear why he dumped you and for what reason(s) you got back together. If he had told me he wanted to get back with me, it wouldn't have been a smooth task, this is not a case of 'just suck it up and let it go'.