Just need to vent a bit

Well, I am about four months into my first LDR, woooo! And 9 months to go, which seems like an eternity. A little background for anyone that is unfamiliar with my story, my bf and I met in college, he graduated in May and took a full time job across the country, I have one more year left.

Things have been harder than I expected, but also easier. I recently moved into an apartment with three of my friends, and weirdly enough, I feel like it has made it harder on me. Maybe it's seeing them hang with their boyfriends or flirt with guys at the bar, but I find myself missing him so much more now than when I was living alone.

We have done a pretty good job of communicating, we skype every night, and if not a Skype then it's a phone call. We have our visits planned that are all almost a month apart. I'm in the longest stretch right now as I won't see him till the 30th of sept, and I haven't seen him since the Fourth of July.

I am confident in our future and so is he. I can feel hopeless at times and complain to him but he always reminds me this is only temporary. I have intentions of joining him when I graduate in May as his contract is for three years.

Sometimes I feel so sad though, like right now. I feel lonely and sure we can skype and text constantly, but it's not the same as having someone physically there. And I don't just mean sex. I miss having him around doing our homework together or watching Netflix. It's hard. I know distance is a test of our relationship, and I know we will get through it, but right now it seems so daunting and horrible.

It sucks being on a two hour time difference. Plus he's a news anchor so he is at the station until 7 or later which is 9 or later my time. He works weekends and has random weekdays off instead. Communication has just been such a pain. I'm grateful we have been video chatting every day it just sucks that I have to stay up till midnight nearly every night because we don't start talking till 10pm or later my time. During the day is fine, we text as much as we can, but he is busy at work and I am busy with school and work as well. It's night time that's the worst.

I guess I'm just looking for any type of encouragement anyone has to offer. I am so beyond happy and in love with him, and I know he is the one I will spend the rest of my life with. It just sucks that we have to go through this time apart, but I know a year is nothing and we will make it through. Just needed to vent a little.