How would you Know if The Person Really Loves you?

pinkpositive

How would you know if the Person far far you truly loves you?

I've been 2 years in a relationship with a Guy miles away from me and we have not meet yet and just Now I'm having doubt if he really loves me or what.

Financial Problem is always an excuse for him not to visit me but he can invest in his online business even more expensive than a ticket Plane. Im tired of waiting and still don't know if we will still meet or Not and or his love is real or what?

FYI We chat almost everyday. I showed my love for him by sending letter even it's really expensive here but he never send me letter even once. :(

Hi. sorry to hear about this. i have been that guy but I'm the opposite. i want to meet quickly and it scared off the girl! i don't get it. we talked for 2 months and trying to organise to meet in summer

how can you love someone you haven't met? the last time i said that to a girl she laughed. 2 years is a long time I'm sorry.

what if you don't like him when you meet? are you in a relationship?

• Like 2
Methodical

Two years is a long time to be in a "committed" LDR with no RL contact. Makes me think the guy has no intention of ever making this relationship a reality. Maybe he isn't who he says or is in a RLR and can't justify taking such a trip to his partner.

In any online relationship, we can vet the person and think we have a good grasp on who they are, but the bottom line is that we have to have blind faith that the other person is honest and sincere. Not all people have the same sincerity in their heart, which is unfortunate. Actions speak louder than words. When you are do all the giving and not receiving, there is lack of balance, which then makes you ponder...why?

FWIW, I don't think he will ever be "financially" capable.

Edited by Methodical
  • Like 1
Lois_Griffin

It's kind of hard to 'love' someone when your only interaction is Skype, chatting, texting or calling.

Geez, you've wasted 2 years of your life - and all for what? To talk to someone on your computer and proclaim your undying love for them while living your life ALONE because you're in a 'committed' relationship?

Such a waste.

• Like 2
Manchester45

Have you thought about the idea that YOU are going to visit him?

You could suggest him to pay half of your travelexpenses. See how he reacts?

Nothing on the internet is real until you meet in person. So for now, I do not think this person loves you or that you love him. It's a nice fantasy to dream about the other person in the computer but it's nothing more.

At this point 2 years in, with no possibility of meeting in sight, at what point do you just give up & turn your attentions to more local suitors? For me that would have been at least 18 months ago.

• Like 6
  • Author
pinkpositive
Hi. sorry to hear about this. i have been that guy but I'm the opposite. i want to meet quickly and it scared off the girl! i don't get it. we talked for 2 months and trying to organise to meet in summer

how can you love someone you haven't met? the last time i said that to a girl she laughed. 2 years is a long time I'm sorry.

what if you don't like him when you meet? are you in a relationship?

Oh really? hehehe that made me laugh.. :) yes 2 years is very long already and If ever we meet, I am so sure I will like him cos that's the thing I've been waiting for cos I love him truly. Yes we are in a relationship online and just this past few days I asked him if he will still visit me and his answer was "That's a very hard question" :(

• Author
pinkpositive
Have you thought about the idea that YOU are going to visit him?

You could suggest him to pay half of your travelexpenses. See how he reacts?

Actually If I could only Visit him as soon as possible I already did but Im not financially capable but I would like to try that just want to see how he reacts. But I can feel already his answer.. " He still need to save money to help me " :( I don't understand why he always say he is broke even he's been working and investing.

may i ask how old you are? and what do you do? work/study? what is his age?

when did you start to fall for him?

well mine just ended after talking to a girl for 2 months from the states.

i was keen to meet up with her over summer but she kept changing her mind. i wanted to fly for a week to see her and was meant to be a surprise cos all our other plans of meeting half way etc etc was not working. i just wanted to see her and booked my tickets to her city and told her last week I'm coming in two weeks and its a gamble. she wasn't happy.

she then said that i clearly liked her more than she liked me and so it wasn't going anywhere. she wanted space etc.

Edited by fred123
  • Like 1
  • Author
pinkpositive

hi fred. Im 22 years Old, independently Living on my own, Im working as a travel Agent before I met him online but now I am Purchasing Manager in a Supermarket. His age is 32. 10years older than me but I do believe age doesn't matter if you really the person.

The First Time I Fall in Love with him is After 3months of chatting and sharing our Goals and Dreams in Life. The things I like about him is his mindset towards Life.

Basically, this relationship is all in your head and he's been adept at feeding your fantasy just enough to keep you at bay continually. You can't love someone you've never met--you can only love WHO YOU THINK that person is.

Have you two skyped/facetimed? Have you at least had that kind of face to face interaction?

He is showing you what his priority is in his life by what he spends his money on--his business. Yes, he may have more than enough money with which to do business, but that doesn't mean he's got capital to spend on taking off and coming to see you or paying for you to come see him.

This is how he manages you because, chances are, he's married or involved with someone. Thing is: the fact that within 2 years time, he hasn't seen the importance of squirreling away some money to come MEET you is telling---it says that you're not as important to him as he is to you.

Do not spend a dime to cross an ocean/continent for a man who will not step over a puddle for you.

• Like 2
ExpatInItaly
Actually If I could only Visit him as soon as possible I already did but Im not financially capable but I would like to try that just want to see how he reacts. But I can feel already his answer.. " He still need to save money to help me " :(I don't understand why he always say he is broke even he's been working and investing.

Because he simply doesn't have any intention of really meeting you.

I'm sorry, OP. This guy isn't interested the way you are.

• Like 2
still_an_Angel

Sorry OP, but if this guy is for real, he would've found a way to see you IRL by now. Looks like he is only "real" online.

• Like 1

I've been 2 years in a relationship with a Guy miles away from me and we have not meet yet and just Now I'm having doubt if he really loves me or what.

Financial Problem is always an excuse for him not to visit me but he can invest in his online business even more expensive than a ticket Plane. Im tired of waiting and still don't know if we will still meet or Not and or his love is real or what?

FYI We chat almost everyday. I showed my love for him by sending letter even it's really expensive here but he never send me letter even once. :(

At this point love would conquer all...no distance should ever keep two people that are in love apart. I understand that financial burden is tough, however, there has to be some way after 2 years that this guys was able to save some sort of money.

Clarence_Boddicker

What countries do you guys live in? How can it be expensive to mail a letter overseas? When I was ebaying a lot, I shipped small packages all over the world, usually for less than $10 USD.

PrettyEmily77

If you both believe you're in a RL, then you're in a RL. I myself can't do LDRs to save my life and couldn't be in an online-only RL either but it doesn't mean it can't exist for someone else. If you know for sure this guy is who he says he is, that should be enough for anyone else. It's just as easy to be fooled by someone IRL, there are no guarantees for anyone.

It's happened to lots of people and I've seen it happen to a male friend of mine. Like everyone else, I was very dubious at first because it took them months to meet IRL for their own reasons (not really sure why, they just wanted to get to know each other slowly I guess, or something like that) but they did meet recently and they now look as solid as any other couple; still LDR, but it's working for them.

The red flag for me is that you're not on the same page about when to meet up. If I were you, I'd give him an ultimatum, i.e. 'let's meet in the summer or we're done', and mean it. If he finds another excuse not to meet when the time comes, that would be a good time to move on, IMO.

HeavenOrHell

You dont know if it is real love unless you meet up in real life.

Methodical
You dont know if it is real love unless you meet up in real life.

For a lot of people, if something isn't tangible it isn't "real." For those people who have faith and believe their online/ldr is real, as the OP does, it really blows to discover the other half of the online/ldr is stringing them along. Unfortunately some people have no regard for your feelings and see you as a disposable object because you weren't tangible. Sadly, you are very much a real person who was treated poorly by being put off. He doesn't have honorable intentions.

Edited by Methodical
  • Like 1