What am I suppose to think?..

I'll try to make a long story short.

I have known the man I'm talking about for five years, not very well but that's besides the point.

The first time I met him there was an insane connection, but there were complications so nothing happened.

He left and went back to his country.

Five years later he's here and asks to meet up for an occasion, if I'm honest I hadn't thought about him in a long time.

We hit it off ridiculously well, we called each other the others soulmate by the end of the night. We spent a few days together, then he went home with plans of moving here for good because of family.

Things were great for a few weeks.. Then he suddenly stopped talking to me for a week which he apologized and explained was because of personal issues.

Then he ignored me for two. Complete NC. ..the diffefence being constant social media activity on his part.

At this point, I took it has he no longer wanted to be with me, and told him despite his actions we could be friends.

To which he replied he loved me and hopes I'm okay... To which I reacted thoroughly confused on.. But over a week later and still no reply.

So.. I honestly don't know what to think. I'm okay, are there any explanations for this behaviour without the 'social standard' player? Because I highly doubt that's what he's at...

Any help will be thoroughly appreciated with lots of love!

You don't say where he is, culture can play a big part in a LDR. He may be enjoying the fantasy with you but the reality might not be possible, does he have family and obligations that are taking a priority?

ask about a trip to visit or for him to visit you, this is the best way to see if the relationship is serious.

Hi Calixto, welcome to the LS forum.

he went home with plans of moving here for good because of family.

Things were great for a few weeks.. Then he suddenly stopped talking to me for a week which he apologized and explained was because of personal issues.

Then he ignored me for two. Complete NC. ..the diffefence being constant social media activity on his part.

At this point, I took it has he no longer wanted to be with me, and told him despite his actions we could be friends.

To which he replied he loved me and hopes I'm okay... To which I reacted thoroughly confused on.. But over a week later and still no reply.

So.. I honestly don't know what to think. I'm okay, are there any explanations for this behaviour without the 'social standard' player?

Knowing where he's from might help, but I guess a man's mind is a man's mind anyway. The saying goes that the sailor is happy with a woman in every port. Does that make sense? Yes. I hope I don't have to list all the reasons why.

I think you shouldn't give him any more attention.