Should I tell my GF about my sex dreams?

spitfire3416

So I had a dream last night that I was at a strip club with my friends and my girlfriend was a stripper. It was really vivid. She basically seduced me and we had great sex and it was awesome. I seem to be having a lot of sexual dreams like this about her lately. I'm not sure if it's the distance thing and the fact that I'm always horny because of it, but I kind of want to tell her about them. I guess I'm just unsure of how she would take it. Like if she thought it would be demeaning to her or something. I can't help it though. I'm very sexually attracted to her and always missing her..

Sure. But I'd leave out the part about your friends being there.

Be aware that she may focus only on the strip club part & see it negatively.

haha i'm not sure what this comment is suppose to mean

No - do not tell your girlfriend about your dream.

ExpatInItaly

I think this totally depends on your girlfriend. Us ladies can be sensitive sometimes and it's possible she'll take it the wrong way (ex. she could assume this means you want to bang a stripper or something) You could let her know that you generally have a lot of dirty dreams about her, and see how she responds. If she likes that and is overall a chill gal, then go ahead with the specifics. I realize the dreams are about her, and your intentions are good, but I'd feel her out first in case it's misinterpreted.

haha i'm not sure what this comment is suppose to mean

You have to have a certain number of words for the post to take, hence the adding "ten characters". They dont' allow for one/two word comments unless they're really long words, LOL.

OP--is there some reason why you can't just keep this to yourself? If you think she will take it the wrong way, then keep your mouth shut about it.

If you just have to tell her, just say "ooh, girl, I had a really good dream about you last night and it's really making me miss you." If she asks what it was about, tell her "I'll show you next time I see you..." And leave it at that. She'll get your drift if she's not dull.

Edited by kendahke

as long as shes not overly sensitive i dont see why it should be a problem. it was a dream and not something we can control. how well do you know this person? if its only been a week then no, if youve been together for a long time then who cares?

So I had a dream last night that I was at a strip club with my friends and my girlfriend was a stripper. It was really vivid. She basically seduced me and we had great sex and it was awesome. I seem to be having a lot of sexual dreams like this about her lately. I'm not sure if it's the distance thing and the fact that I'm always horny because of it, but I kind of want to tell her about them. I guess I'm just unsure of how she would take it. Like if she thought it would be demeaning to her or something. I can't help it though. I'm very sexually attracted to her and always missing her..

If you are unsure how she will take it then no.

She may interpret it as you only see her as a sexual object or you are going to loads of strip joints with your friends, or you are watching stripping videos or have some sort of stripper fetish.. etc.

I doubt she will see it as a good thing, tell her you have sexy dreams about her and if she asks, leave out the more controversial details.

-- How long have you two been a couple?

-- How old are you two?

-- How did you meet?

-- Are you exclusive?

-- How far are you apart?

-- How often do you see each other?

-- What's the longest you've spent in each other's company?

-- Are you "intimate" while long-distance? Sexy-pix? Skype or phone sex?

-- What's your long-term plan for your relationship and the timeline?

Best,

TMichaels

• Like 1
Should I tell my GF about my sex dreams?
Yes. Why not? Are you intimate enough with her? Ehm, Have you ever met her? My answer is yes only if you know her in person.

The only delicate case would be if you dream about other women. That's not the case. I wouldn't have any problem with it. Actually, I like dream interpretation, and I can be quite good at it. Also, it's often more about how you feel about things in the dream that what you dream.

Yes. Why not? Are you intimate enough with her? Ehm, Have you ever met her? My answer is yes only if you know her in person.

The only delicate case would be if you dream about other women. That's not the case. I wouldn't have any problem with it. Actually, I like dream interpretation, and I can be quite good at it. Also, it's often more about how you feel about things in the dream that what you dream.

Ok so what does a dream mean that shows his gf as a stripper, stripping in front of his pals?

Ok so what does a dream mean that shows his gf as a stripper, stripping in front of his pals?

You know what? I didn't even think of that (see part in bold).

As I said, it's more about how he feels in the various parts of the dream. And I also suspect there are several details missing.

Anyway, to answer your question briefly and without further details, friends represent the social sphere, and the strip club represents the intimate/hidden/sexual side of the dreamer. To have them both at the same time might mean a need to have intimacy and sex in one's everyday life (which the dreamer is not currently having). Also, the girlfriend is stripping in front of him, that might symbolize his wish for her expressing herself more openly, without barriers.

There might be more to it too. The relationship might not be official (with everybody) yet? Or there's a desire to make this relationship more public (social media?). Looking at her while she undresses also means acceptance of who she is.

• Like 1

You can always choose to take the cautious route and tell her you have been having erotic dreams about her but not give details.:cool:

• Like 1

I can't think of any possible benefit to telling her that. She could take it the wrong way, so it's risky. And even if she doesn't take it the wrong way, you can't expect her to start stripping for you just because you told her the dream or to particularly like that you put that sleazy image on her.

I see no up side to telling her at all.

Adjust dream. Your living room all of a sudden looked like a strip bar. GF came out and seduced you by stripping for you. You had wild passionate sex. No mention of actual bar or friends

• Author
spitfire3416
Also, the girlfriend is stripping in front of him, that might symbolize his wish for her expressing herself more openly, without barriers.

wow I didn't even think of that but that's probably exactly why I've been having dreams like this. she's not really open with me sexually. she's really more on the shy side when it comes to sex. so yea theres definitely ulterior motives I guess with me wanting to tell her stuff like this. i want to be able to tell her this stuff because I do want her to be more open with me about sex.

like for instance the other day I sent her a text telling her I was horny. and she responded by saying "haha this popped up while I was in a meeting with a student and I started laughing" followed by another text "thanks for sharing".

• Like 1