Is he playing with me?

I have doubts with this guy I have communicated with past few months. Seems like he talks when he wants or have time to, not instantly. And it causes me mixed feelings.

Seems like I like him more than he likes me. Otherwise he would take me more seriously or what do you think?

Also he is not good at expressing his feelings and emotions. :(

I feel like I miss my ex who was always emotionally very expressive and the thing was I was not so for him. We split up because he moved to another state. And we did not want to go long distance.

Anyway, this guy I have been talking to, I like him, but he is blowing hot and cold, he never initiates the "how I feel" talk, I want to talk about myself also.. he is not so expressive.

Last week I felt like I should split up with him, then I could not do it, because I am not good at breaking up with people, I do not want to hurt their feelings (if they have any.. :D lol) but should I let him go?

If I am not getting what I am wanting, I guess I should, right?

Thanks

Why would you stay with a guy who isn't emotionally open - knowing that's a priority for you?

When you see characteristics that don't match yours it's time to end it.

Especially if this is on line only & you have never met, it's unrealistic to expect the other person to drop what they are doing to chat with you on line. OL is an escape not an obligation.

My husband is away on a business trip. I don't get to see him, except on weekends. He called earlier but I was busy so we chatted for about 5 minutes & then I said I gotta go. He doesn't think I don't love him because I didn't want to take too much time away from what I was doing to talk to him at that moment. I said I'd call before I go to sleep & I will.

You have to make allowances for other people's schedules.

mikethemechanic
Especially if this is on line only & you have never met, it's unrealistic to expect the other person to drop what they are doing to chat with you on line. OL is an escape not an obligation.

My husband is away on a business trip. I don't get to see him, except on weekends. He called earlier but I was busy so we chatted for about 5 minutes & then I said I gotta go. He doesn't think I don't love him because I didn't want to take too much time away from what I was doing to talk to him at that moment. I said I'd call before I go to sleep & I will.

You have to make allowances for other people's schedules.

Heavens no! One needs all the time they can get to make up dating profiles:lmao:

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Are you sure the problem is not with you?

I mean, you ask if you should split up with your current boyfriend, but probably for the wrong reasons.

You broke up with your previous boyfriend, because he moved away from you, not because you had no feelings for him anymore. You still miss him. You still want him. So, I guess it's not fair to look for another boyfriend when you're still in love with your older one. Luckily he doesn't know, or it's very likely he would have broken up with you already.

So, if you find it hard to break up with him, just tell him how you feel about your ex, and he probably will do it for you.

• Author

You are right, feels like I am searching for rebound. :o

I compare all the guys with my ex.

At the same time I really like this guy and I hate to be alone. And I definitely can image us together. And I have feelings for him too.