Should i ignore him if he comes back around

He stopped returning my phone calls and my texts but I kept contacting him because I was worried that something happened to him. He sent me a text and told not to contact him anymore and he needs space after calling him repeatedly .We live 4 hours apart and been seeing each other on and off for few years.

He recently lost his job so he has been down.I am just tired of him running hot and cold and stopped returning my texts for no reason then come back in my life only repeat the same cycle. Every time we make plans to hangout ,something always come up so we haven't seen each for year.

I know that there is chance he might back in my life since he always leave and come back around. I am just not sure if I want to deal with him anymore? Has anyone ever had an ex tell them not to contact them anymore and they came back around?

He is so depressed, that he is hiding away.

People who are fighting depression will pull away, it is a natural symptom.

When you have an independent person that is even more difficult.

He does not mean is does not have feelings for you, just when people are depressed, they can block out love and not see anything of value.

It is not easy being in love with a depressed person, as you notice your love being flung away instead of being accepted.

Right now you have an option that is difficult no matter how hard you cut it.

To split while you are feeling down, or wait till he recovers enough to allow you back.

If anything he needs professional help to work with his depression. If he has not been on any medication, getting help to start meds will be a bigger impact, than already taking meds for his condition. As many depressed people will yoyo, just getting the right treatment makes the yoyo less of a down hill plunge.

You have been with him for some time, so you know his issues with both personal and in your relationship.

I have an odd feeling that it is probably best to cut off and accept the incompatibilities of your relationship, and move on.

I hope if anything from all this, you find your happiness in life.

• Like 1
I am just not sure if I want to deal with him anymore?
Tell him. Write him a text, and let him know that you have been patient, understanding and accepting his on and off behavior, but that you can't take that anymore. That you can wait until Sunday for him to text back or call. In case you won't hear from him, you'll call (to make sure he read the text) and if he wants to be on his own, you tell him clearly not to get back to you anymore. It's over. If he instead will try and talk to you and you can arrange a meeting and talk it out, then just give it a try and see what happens.

Has anyone ever had an ex tell them not to contact them anymore
No, never. But I know what you're talking about. He lost his job, got into depression, was on meds for like 8 months. It took him around 2 months to get off the meds. Meds had bad effects both during the therapy and after, when he wanted to get off of them. I had advised him not to go on meds, but he said he couldn't function without help. If the depression came about only at the time of the job loss, everything might be back to normal once he gets a job. He got a new job 4 months ago, but he's not 100% fully recovered. Sure, it's a lot better. But he kind of lost some of his spark along the process & wants it back.

Also, it might not work, but maybe lighting some fire under his butt won't do any wrong.