for my bf when is sad and so far away?

So I have been doing a lot better with the distance, but my bf is having a really hard time with it and that makes me both sad and worried.

He said that we should continue to skype every few days, and he wants me to come visit (I booked my ticket for christmas). But at the same time, he loves skyping with me but then afterwards he says he just feels really, really sad that i'm so far away. He is the one that moved but I now I kind of feel like he is maybe regretting it because he said he finally realized that he really wants me, and that he does not want to lose me because he knows we are perfect together. And he doesn't want distance to ruin this because it is so frustrating knowing if we were in the same place we wouldn't have any issues.

I guess my question is, what can I do for him? There are opportunities to close the gap within the next year, so I am trying to focus on it being temporary. But it wouldn't be until May at the earliest, and I know when you are upset like that, May seems like a lifetime away. We also talk a lot, text a little, I send him love letters/ packages/ and emails often to let him know how I feel. But is there anything else I can do to make it easier for him?

Thanks LS

You just continue to keep in touch in a variety of ways. Count the days until Christmas & then work on a plan to live in the same area again.