My Story <3 LDR struggles? Need inspiration, this will give you some!

Hi Everyone,

I joined this forum so I could post my long distance relationship story so I could all inspire you! Plus I wanted to share my story with other people in the same boat.

How It all started!

It was a bank/public holiday and I decided to meet up with a few mates in town, and they were saying goodbye to there mate who was leaving for the UK to go backpacking. I had never met there friend, but though it was a good idea to catch up will all my mates since I work on the weekend - and never go out clubbing.

So when I met the mate who was going backpacking (who is now my boyfriend), I was super drunk! (I know classy hey!). Me and my best mate even had a balloon wrapped around our wrist haha. So as the night progressed, I didn't think much of this guy who was going away back packing (apart from how good looking, funny he was, there was just something about him that I liked). We all danced, even had maccas at the end of the night as you all do after a night out. When I was time to go home, me and my best mate plus Mitch's best mate, all shared a taxi to Mitch's house. That taxi ride was magical, Mitch had his arm around me and was playing with my hair, pretty sure I fell alseep in his arms. Then yeah.. Don't need to go on and tell you what happened after.

That morning, I remember him asking me how I felt about him.. I couldn't give him a straight answer because one it was awkward and two I didn't no alot about him, apart from he was really good looking, loved chicken nuggets and loved to travel. So that day we spend the day together, had lunch, walked along the beach, was so nice! I had a jumper on, and he pretty much called me a monk coz I tried the jumper up so tightly haha (its now our inside joke). He them told me he was going to miss me while he was away.. (I thought to myself how could you miss me, you've just met me, and will probs meet an amazing chicks over in the uk)! But then nevertheless after the beach, he stayed over mine, he cooked me dinner, and then we both fell alseep watching movies together (he fell alseep with his face resting against mine) So cute! In the morning I dropped him home and that night he had to leave for London. I literately thought I would never see him again... Oh how wrong I was.

While he's been over in the UK, he has spoken to me everyday! Over facetime, or through text and we have both got to know each other (now I know so much about him), we have Skype but not for ages (because were both so busy). He sends me 'get me through the day jokes', and we both tell each other about our day. He has even sent me a song, that has pretty much told me he loves me. I could go on and on about how much he has impressed me and keep telling you about our stories! I've also been chilling with his best mate while hes over in the UK and its funny because he tells me stories about Mitch when he was a kid.

Now it is 16days till I see him again, after 3 months of being apart. We are off backpacking round the UK, Scotland, Ireland, and Paris for 5.5 weeks. He's going to meet all my family in the uk and I'm going to meet all his (kinda scary really), we're also having our own adventure and staying in hostels. The only thing that worries me, is saying goodbye to him. (if you have read through all this please give me some advise). The reason why I am scared because he hasn't booked tickets for when he comes home.. ahhh. And it really is up in the air to when he is coming home. I guess I'm scared because our LDR wont have an end date for at least a while.

If you have read through all this, the advice I am going to give you is that LDR are worth it! I have learnt so much about my boyfriend, have learnt to appreciated every facebook message, facetime, photo, Skype date and so on. Also when you do get to see him/her, it will be worth it and magical. Also in LDR you build so much trust! its unbelievable. I've loved being in a LDR so far but now I can't wait to see him!!!

Thankyou for reading :)

Amz094 xxx

I wouldn't want to let you down, but claiming your LDR is successful after 3 months would raise lots of eyebrows. Stay positive.

• Like 2

They're worth it if you can see enough of each other and have an end in sight.

I was in one for 4 years, I'd only do it again if I could see him more than every 6-8 weeks.

Good luck with yours!