LDR Failed - Seeking similar

Hey everyone,

I'm new to posting but i've spent a lot of time reading people's experiences; successes and failures.

To sum up my situation, I was in an LDR (UK-USA). We were together 22 months, as per usual, sacrifices are made, you take jobs you don't want to earn money in order to make things work. We've all been there. Needless to say a ticket overseas isn't a cheap option.

Whilst the times we spent together were great, she became physically, emotionally and mentally unable to handle the distance. We had planned out the wedding, researched visas etc but something was up. (She intended to move to the UK)

Her friends eventually messaged me to reveal she had been cheating. One guy turned into two, then three and finally a number of around ten guys started to add up who she had cheated on me with over the relationship period. Of course confronting her was hard and she wasn't happy to be caught out (trying to cover it up also). I was perfectly pleasant and despite her anger, aggression and incredibly rude comments towards me, I get that people sometimes do and say things they don't necessarily mean. We did see each other afterwards and talk things through which did smooth the waters. Her biggest issue and she confessed this was a continued ethos of telling lies over and over, but only to me. She claimed she loved and missed me, yet she was dating and sleeping around.

Anyway, officially we have not been 'together' around two months but final contact was last week when she turned even more aggressive and nasty via email (even though she announced she loved / missed and wanted to see me).

So, why the post? I think it would be great to chat to people in a similar situation who are getting over an LDR, completely over and LDR, concerned about an LDR. I don't have all the answers, but I want to be available to those who need it.

Have a good day everyone :)

First of all; I don't know why you felt the need to stay pleasant to someone who treated you like that but ok, I guess we all deal with things differently.

As for your last remark; keep your eye on this forum and comment where you feel you can contribute. That is kind of the point of the LDR forum ;)

• Author

Yeah, perhaps being pleasant was a poor decision but two wrongs don't make a right and it's better to be the bigger person and walk away from it. I will certainly keep active on the forum. Thanks for the welcome,

• Like 1
You wanted the LDR. She didn't.
I don't think the distance could be the cause of anything here. This girl slept with at least other 10 men, which means 2 new guys each month.