i feel bad but i dont know why.

so weve been together for 2,5 years. been living in different countries. but weve been with eachother for months every time. i got there 3 months and she goes here for 2 then we dont see eachother for 2 months and its been like this the whole time. there has never been any doubts or problems. we dont fight and we are very close to the other persons family.

the only reason for this is that shes studying and its only one year left. shes gonna finish that last year in another country which is much closer to me, and we got some friends there too that studided with her a couple of months ago. really nice people. everything seems fine right?

well for some reason im worried about this whole thing. having an apartment thats only one room. sharing the kitchen etc. staying in a country that i dont know if ill enjoy yet. its only for a year and she will be able to visit me a lot and me at the same time spending months there. im not sure what i want to hear. but if you got anything to say that might cheer me up please go ahead.

• Author

Sure it's Germany. I'm not unfamiliar with it but to live like that and to be away from her when she's not home feels strange to me. Maybe I'm worried about her living with people. I'm not jealous normally but maybe ive become worried because everything is new. Because it's new to her too. And it's different. And we all know that different isn't always a good thing in a relationship

So she is basically going to live in a student home where all the students have their own room and share a kitchen and bathroom and take turns cooking and cleaning?

Have you had her all to yourself all this time? Was she living at home with her parents and now she is going to stand on her own two feet for the first time? Is that why you feel threatened somewhat? Do the friends that already study there tell you wild stories?

I never lived in such a home myself but when I studied in Holland, which is next to Germany, I had plenty of friends living in such houses. Yes, there were parties and yes things happened. But most of my friends were serious girls who focused on their studies and just had a beer or two at such events but did not sleep around etc. What I mostly remember is the lack of hygiene in those homes tbh :D

You know your gf the best; you know if you have a reason to fear this change as much as you do.

If I was you I'd visit her soon after she has moved in there so you can see for yourself what her housemates are like etc. And the housemates can see what her bf is like ;)

• Author
So she is basically going to live in a student home where all the students have their own room and share a kitchen and bathroom and take turns cooking and cleaning?

Have you had her all to yourself all this time? Was she living at home with her parents and now she is going to stand on her own two feet for the first time? Is that why you feel threatened somewhat? Do the friends that already study there tell you wild stories?

I never lived in such a home myself but when I studied in Holland, which is next to Germany, I had plenty of friends living in such houses. Yes, there were parties and yes things happened. But most of my friends were serious girls who focused on their studies and just had a beer or two at such events but did not sleep around etc. What I mostly remember is the lack of hygiene in those homes tbh :D

You know your gf the best; you know if you have a reason to fear this change as much as you do.

If I was you I'd visit her soon after she has moved in there so you can see for yourself what her housemates are like etc. And the housemates can see what her bf is like ;)

nah its nothing like that. we lived together in an apartment. due to work etc. "im able to be free a lot". i was going back and she was studying. now shes studying there instead for a year. shes not a cheater i know that. im not worried about her doing anything at all. shes studying to a master and this is her last year. were both adults. and her friends arent wild in any way.

im not sure what bothers me. just unsure how things will turn out living in one small room together for a year.

im not sure what bothers me. just unsure how things will turn out living in one small room together for a year.

Who is it that will be living together in one small room? Your girlfriend and you? Your girlfriend and a roommate/s who is not you?

It's unclear from what you wrote what you mean. Please clarify.

Best,

TMichaels

• Author
Who is it that will be living together in one small room? Your girlfriend and you? Your girlfriend and a roommate/s who is not you?

It's unclear from what you wrote what you mean. Please clarify.

Best,

TMichaels

its just me but im going back for work too so there will be time when im not there. then of course shes visiting me.

I'm really confused here. Are you in a LDR or not? Are you living together? Are you worried about being left alone in a small apartment? You really have to write it down more clearly, OP.

Well my friend your story is not clear! she study in Germany what bothers you? as TAV I am confused here too..... may be can you specify a bit more.

• Author

She's studying in Germany. This is a country were not coming from. As for now we are in ldr. And will still be in Germany but that is a country I don't need a visa for. Basically I can stay there how much I want and even work. I just can't figure out what bothers me. The whole change itself maybe

She's studying in Germany. This is a country were not coming from. As for now we are in ldr. And will still be in Germany but that is a country I don't need a visa for. Basically I can stay there how much I want and even work. I just can't figure out what bothers me. The whole change itself maybe

So as far if you can stay there as long as you want and work there that means you are living in an EU country am I right? Then find a job there find a little rent house make time to see your girl friend but I know it much easy to say than getting done I am sure you know the job situation in EU as well. I think what does bothers you is nothing to bother :)

Sorry but that may be the case first of all understand that there is nothing certain in this life, that makes you much relax in your head!

• Author
So as far if you can stay there as long as you want and work there that means you are living in an EU country am I right? Then find a job there find a little rent house make time to see your girl friend but I know it much easy to say than getting done I am sure you know the job situation in EU as well. I think what does bothers you is nothing to bother :)

Sorry but that may be the case first of all understand that there is nothing certain in this life, that makes you much relax in your head!

yeah ive been thinking about "nothing is for certain". i think my problem is that im tired of not settling down a little. its been a long time. but im gonna work for it still.