we are both in love with each other but cant be together

hes 20 and lives in canada and im 17 and i live in finland. we have been talking online for over six months and we have developed deep feelings for each other. i know that im young but ive never felt something so real in my whole life and we have an amazing connection and it feels like we have been friends for years. we started talking in summer and we used to talk every single night for 5-12 hours. we dont talk as much when i have school because i cant obviously stay up all night talking to him but on the weekends and holidays we still talk a lot. we both love each other so so much and it kills me to not be able to have him... we are trying to be just friends but its so hard i cry myself to sleep everynight because i just want to say how much i love him everyday. it hurts when he tells me if he has been with a girl but i completely understand and he has every right to hook up with someone but... i know its hard for him too this is all so complicated we are in love and literally soul mates but outside of our conversations we just have to act like we have no feelings because it just wouldnt work if we would try to have a long distance relationship... we have promised to each other that we will meet someday and if we are both single then we will give it a try. im planning on moving to california after high school to go to college and that would be a good opportunity for us since california is obviously a lot closer than finland... im seriously ready to wait for 2 years to know if we will have a chance because i know i wont meet anyone like him. i think he will get a girlfriend though... how to deal with all this ? :( sorry for my english btw

i wish the girl i talked to online was like you and into me i wud have been so happy. be careful ur notbhis gf. did u ask to be his gf?

also wat if u find someone at home local to you?

also wen i reli liked that girl i wqs talking to online i stopped seeing other girls. wen u know u like someone u dont hook up with others. i was so excites to see her i was willing to wait

möhheli

At 17 you are in love with the idea of being in love. Talking to a far away boy on line is kind of like watching an interactive romantic movie. It's fun, it's more personal then a passive viewing but it's not real.

You don't actually know this guy. Anybody can say all the right things on a computer when they don't have to deal with the every day. Also there are things you don't know about each other because you haven't met in person. Your subconscious fills in the blanks in the best ways possible & you end up in love with the perfect guy you partially created.

The fact that he spends time with other girls tells me that he is the realist in all of this. You may be his dream girl but you are just that a dream, not real. The odds that you will meet are very slim. You would do well to interact with local boys too.

Your English is fine and if you want to go to school in the US because that is your dream & you'd be coming here even if he didn't exist, great. Do that. But don't move to the other side of the planet away from your family to pursue a fantasy.

You can keep talking to him but don't build your whole world around him. Also if your parents don't know that you have been involved with him, tell them.

• Like 1