meeting for the first time

I have been in a long distance relationship for 6 and a half months now and in a few weeks ill be meeting my boyfriend for the first time. We are both young but our parents are fine with it so he will be flying over here to stay for a few days in a hotel.

I'm freaking out so much tho! Im worried that he wont like me or it will be awkward and we wont know what to say? I keep thinking it will just be really bad and he will want to go home.

What was it like meeting your boyfriend/girlfriend for the first time?

Edited by ldrgirl6

I can't tell you what it's like but I am glad you are being safe about it. It's good that your parents know what is going on.

Most likely it will be lovely & almost magical but you do need to set some boundaries & talk about expectations, especially sexual ones. I don't advocate falling into bed but you must discuss what each of you thinks is going to happen.

justwhoiam
Im worried that he wont like me or it will be awkward and we wont know what to say

I keep thinking it will just be really bad and he will want to go home.

I guess that's the best way to deal with the event. If you think of the worst scenario, it'll hurt less if it happens.

I didn't think it'd be bad, just that he'd never be interested in me that way after meeting me in person. And that we were going to spend half an hour or so, anyway no more than one hour. Instead we spent like 5.5 hours together that night. That was all the time we could have on our first meet, because I had to travel early in the morning.

What was it like meeting your boyfriend/girlfriend for the first time?
Surprising. Nothing like I would have expected.

For some it was the beginning of the end, for others it was the beginning of something.

Hey don't panic, the waiting is kind of stressing, but once you are there if will define something really important :) I haven't meet mine yet, but I'm going through the same thoughts than you. I think that even if it goes wrong, nothing will kill the happiness he gave me in all these years of long talks. Just be possitive and think that he is in the exact same situation than you! If you skyped (webcam, phone calls, etc) both of you know (in part) how is the other one already, so i don't know why the worry. I fear the same, the part where we won't know what to say, but hey, while you do something, you remind things, mutual tastes, things flow naturally i guess. Keep us updated :)

• Author
I can't tell you what it's like but I am glad you are being safe about it. It's good that your parents know what is going on.

Most likely it will be lovely & almost magical but you do need to set some boundaries & talk about expectations, especially sexual ones. I don't advocate falling into bed but you must discuss what each of you thinks is going to happen.

We have spoke about everything and I think were both on the same page :) Thank you tho, I really hope this goes ok! :)

• Author
I guess that's the best way to deal with the event. If you think of the worst scenario, it'll hurt less if it happens.

I didn't think it'd be bad, just that he'd never be interested in me that way after meeting me in person. And that we were going to spend half an hour or so, anyway no more than one hour. Instead we spent like 5.5 hours together that night. That was all the time we could have on our first meet, because I had to travel early in the morning.

Surprising. Nothing like I would have expected.

For some it was the beginning of the end, for others it was the beginning of something.

That's something I'm scared of too, we have spent so long speaking, I couldn't imagine my life without him. I don't want things to go badly because I love him more than anything, but hopefully it will be fine! We spend all day everyday talking (skype/texting/phone calls) so it might be fine :)

• Author
Hey don't panic, the waiting is kind of stressing, but once you are there if will define something really important :) I haven't meet mine yet, but I'm going through the same thoughts than you. I think that even if it goes wrong, nothing will kill the happiness he gave me in all these years of long talks. Just be possitive and think that he is in the exact same situation than you! If you skyped (webcam, phone calls, etc) both of you know (in part) how is the other one already, so i don't know why the worry. I fear the same, the part where we won't know what to say, but hey, while you do something, you remind things, mutual tastes, things flow naturally i guess. Keep us updated :)

My boyfriend keeps telling me that, he isn't nervous at all and keeps telling me that it will all come naturally, I really hope he is right! I know it will be amazing because we have waited so long, I just don't want it to be awkward.

Thank you tho, I will keep you all updated :)

It's gonna be a little awkward because for all of the OL interactions, transitioning to reality is a change. In essence this person is a stranger. You don't know how they smell or taste. You don't really know how they move. You don't know their rhythms. You have to figure how you fit together. It's a process & all the time on line does not bypass the in person adjustments.

whatever you do please dont screw him over when you meet if you dont like him. if he acts like he likes you more than a fruend and i guess u guys are then dont ignore him and act like you dont know him if ur not attracted to him in person. dont turn around and say u only ever liked him as a friend. iv seen girls do this. hope it works out with u two

• Author
whatever you do please dont screw him over when you meet if you dont like him. if he acts like he likes you more than a fruend and i guess u guys are then dont ignore him and act like you dont know him if ur not attracted to him in person. dont turn around and say u only ever liked him as a friend. iv seen girls do this. hope it works out with u two

No I won't do that, i love him no matter what. We have a connection and I won't ignore that. I think we will just connect straight away. But thank you!:)

• Like 1
Michelle ma Belle

Have you Skyped at all in those 6 months so you at least have some updated visual perspective?

I would hope so but then again anything is possible.

I've spoken about meeting my man for the first time after months of daily chatting and Skyping. It was nerve-racking for all the obvious reasons. When he finally touched down and came around the corner, it was thrilling but also a tad awkward the first few minutes as we tried to navigate the airport and get settled. Once we got in the car to head home and calmed down, we found our connection and our week together was better than either of us could have ever hoped for :)

Good luck!

• Author
Have you Skyped at all in those 6 months so you at least have some updated visual perspective?

I would hope so but then again anything is possible.

I've spoken about meeting my man for the first time after months of daily chatting and Skyping. It was nerve-racking for all the obvious reasons. When he finally touched down and came around the corner, it was thrilling but also a tad awkward the first few minutes as we tried to navigate the airport and get settled. Once we got in the car to head home and calmed down, we found our connection and our week together was better than either of us could have ever hoped for :)

Good luck!

Yeah we have skyped a few times and we snapchat eachother alot. We also speak on the phone for hours everyday too. Im glad everything turned out ok for you, it sounds like you had a good time!

Thank you!:)

Snakechammah

Aww... First time is always the sweetest! Please cherish it!

The day my boyfriend was scheduled to arrive, I was nervous as heck. Kept retouching my makeup, pressed myself against the glass panels, scrutinizing everyone who came out of immigration.

And then I saw him. Oh my. That walk! He used to be an actor (when he was younger) and I've seen some of his shows, and for some reason, I instantly recognised the way he walks. My heart was fluttering (he didn't see me though)... and he looked SO GOOD!

And when he finally passed through the gate, I'll never forget how tight he hugged me. His scent, the bone-crushing grip, the feeling was incredible. Still brings tears to my eyes just thinking about it.

So... cherish the moment you meet! Hope all goes well. Take lots of pictures and videos together. All the best! :bunny:

• Like 1

For me it was really really awkward for the first hour and then things clicked and it was like we had been together for the whole duration of the trip. I was terribly terribly nervous but it got really comfortable for me right way.

Just be yourself and don't forget that you're both going to be nervous! Especially your SO if they have never been to that part of the world before.