My bf never has time for me???

When we started dating he came and seen me every weekend. But then it turned to every other weekend. And now I haven't seen him im three weeks. I also might get maybe ten messages a day from him, abd he doesn't ever want to call. We make plans and he cancels the day before. Its shays some excuse. That he had to help his dad or his car wasn't running right. I talked to him about how I feel and he says he loves me and wants to see me. And I told him to leave me if he dont wanna be with me but he says he wants to bee with me and wants to marry me. I know he lives about an hour and a half away but that never stopped him in the past from seeing me. Idk what to do anymore.

- You need to be there for your dad? I'm gonna call home & talk to your dad. I care about him and I want him to know he has my support. ;)

- Your car's broken? I'll pay for a one-day rent for the car. Go get one and come ASAP.

- You've got the flu? Oh poor dear boy. I'll come visit you this time, so I can take good care of you...

I guess he will stop making up excuses and tell you the truth :rolleyes::)

I agree with the other posters that these seem to be excuses and that you should call him out on that.

When are you supposed to move in together/get married? Have you set a date/year in which this all will happen? Or are these just vague plans? Maybe the uncertainty makes him lose interest?

Frank2thepoint
When we started dating he came and seen me every weekend. But then it turned to every other weekend. And now I haven't seen him im three weeks. I also might get maybe ten messages a day from him, abd he doesn't ever want to call. We make plans and he cancels the day before. Its shays some excuse. That he had to help his dad or his car wasn't running right. I talked to him about how I feel and he says he loves me and wants to see me. And I told him to leave me if he dont wanna be with me but he says he wants to bee with me and wants to marry me. I know he lives about an hour and a half away but that never stopped him in the past from seeing me. Idk what to do anymore.

After re-reading this, I find the relationship to be one way. It seems the guy is doing all the traveling and effort. My question is, have you ever visited him? If not, why haven't you ever taken the initiative to?

OnlyHonesty
After re-reading this, I find the relationship to be one way. It seems the guy is doing all the traveling and effort. My question is, have you ever visited him? If not, why haven't you ever taken the initiative to?

I was just about to point this out.

I find it strange that so many of you failed to question whether she also made / makes the effort to visit the guy before you condemned him.

Edited by OnlyHonesty

To be fair, it's just 3 weeks...

Why didn't you offer to go and see him instead during the week that his car broke down? If he'd declined then THAT would be fishy.

Him not ever wanting to call would be an issue though. How long have you been together?

I find it strange that so many of you failed to question whether she also made / makes the effort to visit the guy

"I'll pay for a one-day rent for the car."

"I'll come visit you"

I find it just normal that she makes some effort too, her own way. But I didn't ask, because I assume that if two people have a deal, there are good reasons behind it (like: she doesn't have a driving license, or she has no car, etc.)

I think everyone can put in their personal contribution, not necessarily the same thing or the same way.

Anyway, maybe the OP can clarify this better.

• Like 2