About to get into a LDR?thoughts?

air3lander

So heres the love story of me and my beautiful girlfriend.

Im sorry its really long, but please go ahead and read :)

2-3 days ago we found out that my girlfriend is moving stateside within the end of this month due to her dads financial job problem.. shes about to be 17 and im abt to be 18, were going to spend senior year so far without each other, our junior year is about to end. While shes in the states, im staying in S.Korea, thats right, its an international long distance relationship.

This girl is my life, i can definitely say im truly in love with her. We spend crying and talking up all night when we found out she was moving. She brings me joy and i can honestly say i want to be with her for the rest of my life. and i know some of u guys might think were too young or this is all just nonsense and i need to grow up, but i really love her to death.

Weve known each other ever since we were 6 years old, our parents are super super close and we always see each other. I always had a thing for her within those years, and she too had feelings for me but we never told each other. We finally started dating october of last year. We quickly fell in love with each other and everything was right. When she dated other people before, she told me that she had feelings for me while she dated them.

We really got into each other in our junior year. My week for these past 8 moths literally consists of seeing her every single time. Mondays-Fridays i would ride the bus to school with her, enjoy most of my classes with her, have lunch with her, then after school wed be together cuz of a sport, or we would ride the bus home together. Weekends our parents would plan a get together, or wed just hangout , or me and her had a volleyball/soccer game which would take the same place. When we get home we text each other through the night , were just that madly inlove with each other.

This girl is my life, today is our 8 months together and i already feel like she is my life and my everything. We both understand what a long distance relationship means. We both agree that the two things are patience and trust, and we plan to keep this relationship to go on forever.

We planned that i would eventually might move to stateside too, my family has been wanting to move and we are not allowed to extend here anymore and so we might move within now and my senior year. Once i get to state side, itll be easier, if its not near her , id still plan trips to see her and my family would definitely want to visit her family. If i dont move, i end up graduating and moving to the states somewhere and will be with her.

Were both dedicated, young, and determined. We plan to use the great technologies of this time around to talk and see each other . (facetime,skype,messages)

short and simple : i love her so much, she is my girlfriend, my bestfriend, my life, and my everything. What are ur thoughts on this? what shall i avoid and stress on within the long distance? whats the pro's in this LDR? the only pro i could think of is that she will still always be mine :)

I want to make this work and willing to do everything and she is in the same boat. Im posting this not to second guess myself abt this whole LDR, but im posting to see what u guys think. i think our love story will be amazing, we will go through this and it would just mean that nothing can ever tear us apart once we do this.

thanks for reading and sorry for making it long!

• Like 1
Million.to.1

I think it's very very sweet that you have found someone you love so much at a young age and has been a part of your life for so long. :love:

It's very easy to think that your first love is "the one" - and especially with the long time closeness the two of you have had, it's more likely to feel "perfect"

You are both determined, and that is the main thing. Distance is hard, but if it's what you both really want, you'll make it work. It is certainly easier with todays technology than it was when I was your age! if you have a plan, and timeframe that you both look forward to it helps immensely, even visits.

But remember, that you are both young, you have dreams other than being together that you need to work towards, and that might create distance in lot's of ways. If things between you get too difficult to maintain a relationship (time differences, jealously) whatever, just know it's time to end trying to fight it, and give yourselves time and space to live on your own. It is ok to break-up because of distance and Trust that you relationship with her is special and love will always be between you because of your history. Know that you are young now and a few years apart, even with other Bf's AND Gf's will be ok. You may reconnect later in life. you may not. you may as friends. Everything feels very final when you are young, but it's not. People change and you will change and that's ok. Be ok to let her go if you have to because by doing that, you keep love there. If you try and hold onto it you could end up hurting each other and ruin your connection forever.

I wish you guys all the best. We are always here to help with any problems you have.. I've had a LDR, and now i'm with my partner IRL and very happy. We are much older though....

• Like 1
OnlyHonesty

I just noticed your age, that changes a lot. What you describe sounds like infatuation and add that to the rampant hormones at your age, you have something that obscures your view of reality concerning your gf.

Edited by OnlyHonesty

Aww, that's sweet, OP. :) I remember what it was like to be (close to) your age and in love. Things didn't work out with that guy after he left the country, but it was still a good experience. In my early 20s, I started another LDR with my current SO, that did work out though (we did 2 years long distance, and have been reunited and together IRL for almost 4 years after that).

I will be honest with you - things are going to be more difficult when you are young and still studying, and don't have much money. Unfortunately, finances play a pretty critical part in the success/failure of a LDR - they determine how often you are able to visit, and how soon one of you is able to relocate. But, of course other things matter as well, determination and trust and an unshakable belief that it is going to be worth it, and you seem to have those in spades.

My advice to you would be:

1) Learn to communicate well - easier said than done over a distance, and

2) Be sure to focus on building your own life/career as well. This is important not only for yourself, but also in the sense that it will dictate when you two are able to reunite (see finances above)

• Like 1