LDR of 5 years seems over. maybe someone has some insight

Hey guys , I'm a 22 year old guy and have been in a LDR for 5 years with the most amazing girl ever.

I don't even know where to begin...heh....

We have always , ALWAYS been very close and never really had any major fights or anything similar , both being the familist type and not liking clubs , cheating etc , so we were both loyal to each other (yes , I know 100% sure) ..we have seen each toher for the previous 4 years each 6 months for like 1-2 months and the previous year due to my father dying and her university starting we couldn't meet up with eachother ....we speak daily tho on skype with mic+webbie and always watch shows/movies , play games , just talk , etc :)

But 4 days ago , out of the blue she just told me , she doesn't love me anymore and this relationship is over(in more words of course , but that pretty much sums it up)

For the past days I've been trying to figure out why or ask what I've done wrong and she says there is NOTHING I've done wrong and that I'm perfect the way I am and I shouldn't change myself etc all she keeps saying is that the reason is that she doesn't love me anymore and there's nothing we can do about it

Just 1-2 months back we were planning for me to move there and we could finally start our lifes together (and we were both very much looking forward to it)

Please...I don't know what's happening anymore , I don't know what to do...What have I done....What happened....What can I do....there must be something , I can't live without this girl :(

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
Member request.
  • Author
She probably met someone else. Sorry.

As I said , it's not that , 100% , I even asked her and she said no and that she doesn't plan on dating anyone either

I mean I managed to convince her after the "we're breaking up" to keep logging in and talk and do stuff together at least as friends and she agreed and she logs in daily

Also she keeps telling me to take good care of myself , to keep working out , to try to eat (I told her I couldn't eat anything , and I pretty much still can't)

I'm very sorry to hear this. She's your best source of information. If she seals up it's tough though. What about friends? I'm sure you met some people that know her, when you visited. Could you try them, to obtain more information?

good luck!

• Author
I'm very sorry to hear this. She's your best source of information. If she seals up it's tough though. What about friends? I'm sure you met some people that know her, when you visited. Could you try them, to obtain more information?

good luck!

She does seal up , I mean I've tried asking WHY exactly and why exactly doesn't she want to work things out or let me come there so we talk in person( I never lost an argument vs her IRL so that's probably why she doesn't want to) and as for her friends , I never really bonded with them , they were all really shy (she only has girl friends)

As much as I hate saying this but it happens. Love can peter out and if that happens that's the way it goes and there is nothing, or not much, you can do. Especially if she has already made the decision and told you that she wants to break up. I don't think she's sealing up and I don't think she met someone else.

There's always a possibility that she does seal up or met someone else but after being with you for so long I'm sure she would be honest with you.

Sometimes falling out of love happens as fast as falling in love with someone. Sometimes you don't even see it coming. Maybe you should talk to her one last time and if that doesn't work you should start moving on as hard as it may seem.

• Author
As much as I hate saying this but it happens. Love can peter out and if that happens that's the way it goes and there is nothing, or not much, you can do. Especially if she has already made the decision and told you that she wants to break up. I don't think she's sealing up and I don't think she met someone else.

There's always a possibility that she does seal up or met someone else but after being with you for so long I'm sure she would be honest with you.

Sometimes falling out of love happens as fast as falling in love with someone. Sometimes you don't even see it coming. Maybe you should talk to her one last time and if that doesn't work you should start moving on as hard as it may seem.

Am I wrong in thinking she STILL loves me actually? And doesn't want to talk to me etc to be able to distance herself? In the past days she's been trying to fill her time as much as possible with random stuff ( swimming , jogging , studying , staying with friends etc)

Also do you guys think I should make a surprise visit there? We haven't seen each other in 1 year...