LDR cheating?

So my bf moved to Australia 4 months ago, and around Xmas time told me that we weren't actually together kept saying things like I'm young and single etc - but carried on talking to me everyday.

Stupidly I was under the impression that really we were still together he was just talking rubbish.

However on New Year's Day he slept with this girl from home who is also living in Australia ATM and still speaks to her sometimes. Since this happened he talks to me religiously every day (almost all the time we are both awake and not working), is making a real effort, has booked his flights home for 2 weeks time and has actually told me he wants to try again when he's home.

But he's told his friends what happened with this girl, and she is coming home at the end of the month - just a few days after him.

I don't know what to do. Do I try to forgive him? After all he did say we weren't together, it was me that thought we were. Or us what he did unforgivable? Especially as he's told his friends and still talks to her (she's the only person out there that he actually talks to though as he's made no friends!)? I'm just really looking for some generally guidance. We're both only 20, so never really experienced anything like this before!