Long Distance... camera?

To make things short, I have been talking to a girl via skype, phone, email, messenger, facebook, etc. for a year now. She is the same age as me and has sent me lots of photos. I have asked her to get a camera since April of 2012 and as of today, we still have never used one. She also is NOT going to be on a camera anytime soon in her words. What should I assume providing the little information I've given and what is some advice? I could use it, thanks.

- Mike

Are you suspicious that she has sent you fake photos?

does she assume that you want to her to get a camera for "naughty" reasons and is shy, or she just doesn't want you to see her at all.. ?

Might be that she's too shy, feels too awkward to go on camera, is that possible?

Have you asked her why she doesn't want to?

I assume you will actually meet her at some stage, if you're in a relationship with her, or is it going to be an online thing indefinitely? Or will she not want to meet?

If you're going to continue with this I'd meet as soon as possible, and if she doesn't want to then call it a day, unless you're happy having a partner you've never spent time with and never will.

Not quite clear from your OP whether you think of her as your partner or not?

Why do you ask us? Ask her.

"Why do we never chat on cam?" "Do you have a camera?"

If no

"Would you get one, for us to finally use a camera? I'd love to see you live!"

If no

"Why not?"

If she does have a camera

"Why don't we use it tonight?"

If she comes with some bandwidth excuse: Internet cafes have decent bandwidth all over the world. And they are not expensive. If she waits tables for two nights instead of chatting to you she can easily afford going to one.

She does not have an excuse not to go on camera. And you don't have the guts or the wit it takes to ask questions that yield useful information. And I have too much time on my hands...

Tell her if she won't go on live camera with you then she needs to send you a photo of herself holding a sign that says your name on it. Or a photo of herself with today's newspaper, date clearly seen.

She is most likely full of s.hit and not who she says she is.

Good god you've let this go on since April?!

this is just like the people on that show Catfish.

• Like 2

This is the opposite of me and my recent ex. You couldn't tear us away from our cameras!!

We couldn't ever chat on camera / webcam / skype because we were each other's affair and in other relationships, and the times we could talk / chat online were the times one of us was not alone at home. So we couldn't do that.

However, we DID do constant videos for each other with our regular cameras on the video recorder setting. Just hanging out at home when we were alone or able to find a second of time and private space, cooking, putting away groceries, putting on makeup in the morning, driving in the car, walking around our towns, showing each other our homes, walking in the woods, and just anything and everything. And yes, some sexual ones, heheh. Mostly just casual "boring" things though. Trying to bring each other into our everyday lives when we were so far apart (15 hour time difference, different continents)

it is ok not to want to go on cam. it usually means that the girl does not feel protected with it.

Protected from him finding out that in fact she's a 120 kg and 52 years old?

just answer a question: why do you want it from her? maybe better get a fckin ticket and go see her live? ;)

Bad advice. Check out whether she is what she claims to be.

I think you need a lot of faith to go on talking to her without seeing her. About having surprises, I'm not sure. For as weird as this might sound, I had people asking to see me for like 7 years straight who didn't give up. And afterwards, they didn't walk away. They found themselves asking for more.

You said she sent you lot of pictures, can you tell her to take a picture with today's date or ask her to take a pic holding on a note that say a particular phrase ex: I miss you, your name...ect. If she wont do that - RED FLAG. You can always use google images search, upload her picture and google will detect if the picture has been used before where and by who ( myspace, facebook...ect) Much luck to you. She might be shy because webcam can lead to other things that she might not be ready for BUT it's still odd. G'luck.