Day One..Does it get easier?

dazedandconfused17

I have been with my boyfriends for a year and half already and he had to leave for graduate school this month. He is only about 6 to 7 hours away which isn't so far but obviously far enough that we can only see each other about every other week. He'll only be gone for two years but it's just been so hard already. I know it's only been a day since I left him but I just miss him so much and i'm just so sad :( it almost feels as if we have broken up since I won't be able to get to see him as often. But even though it's been a day I can honestly say that it has shown me just how much I really do love him and want to be with him. I just wanted to know if this ever gets an easier? I'm just so sad & want some advice.

To be very honest with you... it doesn't get easier. The time apart will always be hard. BUT, you have the control of how you deal with it. I know there is no other way at this time to be together, in the same city. But I also know that I don't want to be with anyone else but him. So I'm not going to sit here and sulk that I can't be with him... because, I can't. Not right now. I'm not going to make his life harder and complain about how much I miss him. Because I know he misses me too. I tell him every day that I miss him and vice versa, but we don't sit there and repeat it all day. Just know eventually you will be together again. Cherish the moments when you are with each other. Take initiative to be thoughtful and romantic when they're not around. If you love him that much, it's worth it to be strong and get through this together :)

• Like 1
  • Author
dazedandconfused17

You're right and I really appreciate the response back. I know it doesn't help to be sulking around and talking about how much we miss each other it really does make it a lot harder. It's just hard because we were together already for some time and i'm so use to seeing him so often.

I just wanted to know if this ever gets an easier? I'm just so sad & want some advice.

I always found the day either of us departed after a visit to be the most difficult, especially when she departed from my place. I think it will probably get easier as you come to accept how things are. Remember that you are still together even though not in the same place. Send positive cheerful texts every day and try and talk at night before bedtime if you can. That worked for us and I always felt connected even though I missed actually being with her.

• Author
dazedandconfused17

That's true. I figured that it's just really hard right now because it's the first day that we're apart and we aren't use to it yet. Hopefully I get to see him soon. We are just busy with school now that it's starting. Thanks for the advice!

LDRs can be one of the toughest relationships someone can have, as it turns out. Personally I think that's because it isn't something we're used to i.e. previous relationships involve ongoing physical contact.

So to answer the question, it doesn't get any easier BUT you do get a better understanding and it'll grow more tolerable. And you'll also learn far more about your partner and that builds a stronger long-term relationship