I love him but I told him not to meet up

I am in LDR at the moment, I love him so much but we don't meet up much. He wants to meet up but I've got to the point where I cant stand seeing him leave so I told him not to visit because I find it so hard. I don't really know what to do but we are hoping to close the distance as soon as we can but I feel I am destroying this relationship but he understands why I said it. I cant work out why I am like this, any ideas on how to make this more cope able? I do think I am being very pathetic :(

Joy and suffering are two sides of the same coin. You can choose to avoid or you can choose to experience life. I say just get over yourself, be happy and think about what he wants and needs as well.

To see your drama clearly is to be liberated from it.

-Ken Keyes

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."

- Theodore Roosevelt

I am in LDR at the moment, I love him so much but we don't meet up much. He wants to meet up but I've got to the point where I cant stand seeing him leave so I told him not to visit because I find it so hard. I don't really know what to do but we are hoping to close the distance as soon as we can but I feel I am destroying this relationship but he understands why I said it. I cant work out why I am like this, any ideas on how to make this more cope able? I do think I am being very pathetic :(

The number of people you meet in life that you truly connect with emotionally, physically, and spiritually is a rare number indeed. If you tell him that you don't want to meet up, I guarantee you you will regret it down the line.

If you love him, make it work. Yeah, it sucks seeing them when they have to leave, but it makes the time you do with that person that much more special.

HeavenOrHell

I understand it's hard to see him leave, but you're hoping to close the distance as soon you can right? Hold onto that.

Some of us having been doing this for years and have no end in sight.

You are a lucky lucky lucky person.

Sometimes, things like that really happens. Maybe this is not the right time but I believe that after months or years if you are really meant for each other then love will conquer all the fears and doubts.

Not meeting because you'll eventually have to let go? I find this absurd. The joys of spending time with my GF easily exceed the pain of saying good bye. Grow a pair, man... it's life! At one point you'll close the distance and those tear provoking scenes at the airport will have a sweet nostalgy to them. Your life will be good, enjoy the moments with your love to the fullest!

• Like 1
  • Author

Thank you guys, after reading your replies and yes, I am being ridiculous. I will apologize to him for being stupid and hang onto that closing the distance thought.