New Years yay!...

So maybe it's because I'm a little drunk I'm not sure but I just found out something that has made me a little uneasy and feel kind of bleh.

So my girlfriend has had a little crush on this guy she has known for quite some time, I've known about it for some time as well I'm not really worried about that, she told me blue moons ago.

She just likes his personality he is very much the life of the room. I met him a few times when I visited he is a very cool guy, I got along with him fine.

Anyway my girlfriend was at a party and a friend of hers from out of town basically straight up asked "so why don't you date <guy you have crush on>?"

To which my girlfriend replied "Because I'm already in a relationship, you know that..." to which her friend suggested "Why not try an open relationship?"

My girlfriend shot that down "As that obviously would not work.." and asked her friend why she was asking these questions to which she just basically dismissed it as nothing but an idea.

This friend, she is an ex of my girlfriend from back in high school but they just stay in touch from a far since they live in different towns. She herself was just in a LDR which she ended a few weeks ago though my girlfriend tells me they are now sort of on/off again situation. Her friend has just found some random guy they barely know and decided they are super best friends or something after 3 days kissing and stuff so I don't know if my girlfriends friend is just unbalanced because of her recent breakup.

I don't know if shes in "I must try and sabotage relationships that were similar to mine mode" or what but I would be lying if I wasn't little bit peeved at her making those suggestions to my girlfriend.

I trust my girlfriend won't do anything and I appreciate she is honest with me but yeah I don't know I'm just venting I guess. I should probably sleep and sober up and think about this more...

Great way to start the new year.

Edited by Carenth

Sorry, man, but your post just had me shaking my head about your "girlfriend." She sounds like someone who is not entirely certain what she wants and on the verge of making it rough on you... what a way to start the new year, huh?

• Author

Cleared things up, my girlfriend has been taken back by her friends behavior over the last few days and needed to talk about it.

Her friend decided that since she wanted a open relationship that my girlfriend wants one as well which is not the case. My girlfriend was surprised she openly asked her what she did and was hurt that her friend was suggesting she would want that. She isn't sure what is going on with her friend atm but she isn't too happy about it.

Anyway time for bed. Happy new year everyone.