Travel headaches?

Hi guys--

I'm supposed to be flying out to see my boyfriend for the first time in months tomorrow.

But the airport I'm flying out of is under a blizzard warning. -_-

I managed to reschedule my fight for Thursday at a different airport before they sold out (for a pretty penny...) but my boyfriend is discouraged and I'm so frustrated I could scream. I was wondering-- how do you deal with the stress of changed/canceled travel plans? Or how would you if you haven't had to before?

We've had to deal with changes in travel plans several times over the past 3 years. We just deal with it because we have to.

The first time was because he missed his flight and couldn't get another for 10 days or so. Second time was my health and I went two months later. Third time time finances and his work commitments meant a trip was completely cancelled and that one increased our time apart from six months to a year. This time it was my health again.

We should have been together this Christmas and New Year but I had to postpone my flight twice and now I can't go until February.

We both have a tough time with it but we just 'suck it up' and get on with it. Looking on the bright side, the 'looking forward to seeing each other' phase lasts longer and the trip is over later. :);):D

how do you deal with the stress of changed/canceled travel plans? Or how would you if you haven't had to before?
It's terrible. Think of hurricane Sandy. It's like having ONE chance and losing it, seeing it stolen before your eyes. And there's nothing you can do about it. The only thing that helped me *survive* that was thinking there's always worse than that. We are still healthy, we have ourselves and our love. Pollyanna style. There's no other way for me.
Hi guys--

I'm supposed to be flying out to see my boyfriend for the first time in months tomorrow.

But the airport I'm flying out of is under a blizzard warning. -_-

I managed to reschedule my fight for Thursday at a different airport before they sold out (for a pretty penny...) but my boyfriend is discouraged and I'm so frustrated I could scream. I was wondering-- how do you deal with the stress of changed/canceled travel plans? Or how would you if you haven't had to before?

I recently traveled to the U.S from Australia to see my LDR boyfriend, it was a year since we had seen each other in real life and I was super nervous. The entire trip was well over 32 hours including the endless delays over my four connections. On the last connection I had a cancellation then an 8 hour delay and arrived at my destination at 1 am in the morning. I had barely eaten the entire trip from stress and did not sleep well either. I think I lost a good 5 pounds. I was so stressed I almost yelled at the ticket lady when I realized I might not get on the plane at all due to a some engine issues. They ended up kindly putting me on unofficially when they saw how far I had traveled. It was my very first time traveling and easily one of the most stressful times of my life so far! The same thing happened on my return trip, I had alot of cancellations/delays. I had been through so many by then I just stopped worrying about it.

I think my best advice is; don't worry about it. I know that seems super obvious, but its out of your control and you may as well amuse yourself during those delays/cancellations/whatever. Be grateful you're alive, breathing and smell the roses, pretty much.

Edited by Aedra