I don't know how much longer I can stay in this LDR.

I miss him so much, I cry myself to sleep every night. It hurts so bad. He has an extremely demanding job, plus the distance makes it so difficult for us to see one another. I had walls up, but let them down slowly. I knew once that happened I would start to feel this way. The last thing I want is to become needy to him. I told him tonight that I was sorry I bothered him so much, he told me that I don't bother him. I just miss him. At times I want to walk away just to get rid of the pain.

• Author

I don't know right now. This wasn't suppose to happen where I'm feeling this way. I know when he calls tomorrow I'm going to cry on the phone, and when I see him next week, I'm going to cry when he leaves. He's going for surgery 2 days after X-mas, but leaving for WV Dec 23rd. Wont see him for X-mas or New Years, I just miss him. I guess I'm not cut out for this.

I don't know right now. This wasn't suppose to happen where I'm feeling this way. I know when he calls tomorrow I'm going to cry on the phone, and when I see him next week, I'm going to cry when he leaves. He's going for surgery 2 days after X-mas, but leaving for WV Dec 23rd. Wont see him for X-mas or New Years, I just miss him. I guess I'm not cut out for this.

Its a tough thing to handle. I give you props for at least trying but it is not for everyone.

Being that there is no end date that you know of this is something that you are going to have to learn to deal with if you want to keep things going.

I wish you the best of luck.

Try and focus on what you DO get rather than what you don't. You get to see him soon!

It will be February at the soonest before i see my boy. It might not be till July or August if he gets this music gig.

It's going to be **** if i have to wait 8-9 months to see him, but i guess i'll just have to deal with it as best i can. I have no doubt in my mind how good it will be when i do finally settle down with him and that will keep me going.

consider yourself lucky.

Pink Princess
I miss him so much, I cry myself to sleep every night. It hurts so bad. He has an extremely demanding job, plus the distance makes it so difficult for us to see one another. I had walls up, but let them down slowly. I knew once that happened I would start to feel this way. The last thing I want is to become needy to him. I told him tonight that I was sorry I bothered him so much, he told me that I don't bother him. I just miss him. At times I want to walk away just to get rid of the pain.

i know exactly how you feel as i just went through/am going through the same thing! after my last relationship i put up so many walls and remained detached to every preceding date until my current boyfriend who i've slowly been opening up to. i'm so stubborn and didn't tell him i miss him or anything like that at first. i also didn't wanna seen like a bother since he's been busy taking care of stuff and training, but i guess he knows me well enough to realize what i've been doing because he assured me that he wants to know and hear everything.

not gonna lie though i still wanna close up and run away at times...... :o

i'm sure your boyfriend won't mind if you told him that you miss him. it might mean a lot to him since you're letting your guard down :)

Hang tough and don't give up on him. Life isn't easy and getting what you want out of life isn't any easier. If you love him that much and if being together forever is in your forseeable future then it should be worth the pain of missing him. Focus on the positive of being together and how you feel when you're together. Let that be your driving force behind you.

L

I would say not to give up as well.The distance sucks,of course.If you have something that has potential with this guy,it'll be worth what you're dealing with right now in the end.Nothing in life that is worthwhile ever comes easy.

A long-distance relationship is sort of like learning how to play a musical instrument or mastering another language.It would be nice if you could be able to play such instrument like a virtuoso or speak such language with fluency almost right away.With enough time,effort,and patience,the end result will make all the work that you put in to it worth it.There's a satisfying feeling that people often experience knowing that they worked for what they've got.

You could walk away from this relationship and pursue something with someone in your own area.You'll see them more often and you'll have that regular physical contact with them.But it doesn't mean that it'll be a better relationship than the one that you have now.And it certainly doesn't mean that who you're involved with is the right person for you.It's perfectly normal to miss your long-distance sweetheart and to want them in close proximity to you.As they say,"absence makes the heart grow fonder." There's a tendency to appreciate a long-distance lover more than a local because of that distance.And,if you can close that gap for good at some point,the quality of the relationship may far exceed what you could find locally because of all the time that you both spent apart.

I could see sense in walking away if your boyfriend was a real jerk or if he's indicated having zero interest in an "end date." At that point,the pain of walking away will spare you the pain of pursuing something that has either a grim future or no future at all.You don't want to be wasting your time and,more importantly,emotion on someone who's a hopeless case.However,if you are able to envision a future with your boyfriend and the relationship is good for the most part,giving up means having wasted said time and emotion PLUS having to contend with the pain of walking away on someone who could've been soul mate.The only way to know is if you stick it out.

We set up walls around our heart to protect it.We don't want it to get broken.The problem of keeping a guard up is that we just might risk keeping someone out who doesn't have the intentions of hurting us.My last girlfriend (local) had her guard up for the majority of the 7-1/2 years that we were together.It didn't help the relationship one bit.Unfortunately,we have to make ourselves somewhat vulnerable,or open,when we fall in love.That's a risk that we have to take.It's not like we have a crystal ball that we can gaze into and see if the one whom we open ourselves up to is worth the risk.

Like I said,don't give up.We all have those down times and crappy feelings.It's normal.But I think that there's a reason why some of us get into LDRs.We haven't found what we was looking for on a local level.Stay strong and think that this might ultimately all be worth it! :)

• Like 1