Dont count the miles , count the I love you's.

why do most long distance relationships have to end, because of the distance...even though you love eachother. :/

But is it really mostly the distance? Distance can easily be used as a pretext.

• Like 2
why do most long distance relationships have to end, because of the distance...even though you love eachother. :/

If you're not willing to bridge the gap... eventually, I don't know how a LD relationship could survive. For me, I want a family and a home where we build a life together and it doesn't matter where we live. But if you're opposed to moving and so if your partner, I don't know how you could have that relationship forever... unless that's what both of you want and you're both OK with seeing each other temporarily a few times a month/year.

LDR are for people who really commit. Let's not fool ourselves, committing in an LDR context means something completely different than committing in a local RS. Committing in an LDR includes

1. being very attentive to disruptions in communication
  2. not playing power games, because, they lead to more confusion than they're able to remove
  3. accepting that emotional satisfaction from a partner can be far away in terms of time, depending on the respective schedules
  4. you need to be able to trust, without having evidence
  5. that is, you need to know people well while having little and incomplete information about them and their lives.
  6. finally, LDR are for people who are lucky enough to are in the LDR with people who regard above points as important as you.
  7. because LDR work out if both partners invest all they can.
  8. It follows that LDR are not for the weak and jumpy types

Edited by umirano
  • Like 2