I dont know wat to do...I love a guy dat doesnt even live in my country!

hey ppl

ok well there is this guy n i've known him for about 7-8months...we've only talked via emails but we tell each other everything. Im 16 n he's 19. He lives in Canada n I live in Australia. We always tell each other we love each other n i honestly think i do love him. He knows this n said da same back to me.He has a g/f in Canada..

I dont know wat to do next i mean there isnt much i can do...I am wondering if at all in the long run anythin can happen? I trust him with my life, n i tell him stuff i dun even tell my best friend.Same wit him he tells me everything thats happenin n always says im beautiful n he loves me...

any advice is appreciated.

thanx :love:

Angel eyes, listen very carefully me. What I'm about to tell you may sound hurtful, but believe me, my intention is to save you from hurt.

This boy does not love you. Though I'm sure you're very much in love with him, your emotions towards him cannot be true love. True love only develops when you experience a person for all that he or she is, when you feel safe in his arms, when you never tire of looking at him, when you do things together, when you spend time together.

You have not had any of that, sweetiepie. Your relationship is built upon a fluffy white fantasy cloud. People wear masks, and nowhere more so than on the 'net. This boy can pretend to be anything he wants you to believe him to be, and you the same with him. You only really get to know someone when you spend a lot of time with them. The paradox of this is that many people have fantasy relationships, and then get married, only to then really discover what the person is really like, leading to disappointment and resentment.

I'm sure you ARE beautiful - all young women are. But this boy is just toying with your feelings. He has a girlfriend, silly. Try and put yourself in her shoes. Imagine what his girl-friend will feel if she finds out about this, and that he tells you he love you...

More frightening, though, is this: Imagine what his excuses to her will be. "Ah, it's just plain fun" or "She's just a stranger, she means nothing to me", or "Pfft, she lives halfway accross the world", or some other stupidity. Truth is, he would probably mean it, too.

While I'm not encouraging you to end this relationship, I do encourage you to not put your heart on this boy. You're going though the best part of your life now (oh, what to be 16 again...sigh), don't waste it on an impossible dream. It's not a question of IF that fluffy cloud will burst, but WHEN. When that cloud bursts, sugarplum, it will rain tears, and those tears will be yours alone....

• 2 weeks later...
voice from heaven

Listen to her girl.. She is right. Guard your heart... In the long run you might end up crying... Love yourself you're just 16 and you are beautiful... don't be afraid to be single there's someone out there that is meant for you... GUARD YOUR HEART!!! Use you heart and Mind...