LDR not interested in intimacy

Hi All...

I'm mostly a lurker, but today I have a problem that I hope someone can help me with.

My LDR is with someone that I've been involved with for more than 2 years. We're both professionals and have gainful employment. The difference between the two of us in this situation is that I don't have a stressful position at work and I am usually energetic and perky as a result. My boyfriend (who is younger than I am) works full time, and studies part time at home when he returns from work. Although he can handle this extra work, he tends to be unenthusiastic when he speaks to me.

We've met each other (months ago) ...enjoyed each other's company immensely and we're planning on getting married soon.....Here's the problem--since he's been home, he's not been interested in anything intimate (hey, it's a LDR, I'm talking phone sex!)....He says he's too preoccupied to do it, yet he masturbates daily. Very strange---he'll talk to me on the phone with the intention of masturbating before bed, even knowing that i'd be willing to do it with him, right then. I thought time was the problem, but apparently, it makes no difference. On days when we can spend hours together, he's no more interested.

I'm positive he's sincere and doesn't have another woman or online friend....so, what is the verdict?

Could there be a logical explanation for this? He says he's very attracted to me, so I'm assuming I'm not the problem....

Any ideas?

• 2 weeks later...

For a lot of people, phone sex is not very satisfying and takes a lot of energy and imagination he may not have at the end of some days. Masturbating and fantasizing is one thing but masturbating and having to make up all kinds of creative sexual stuff is another. Let this go. LDR's are a drag anyway. But don't plan on getting married to this guy until you have lived in proximity to him for a good while and know that he is interested in sex when the two of you are together in person.

• Author

Thanks for your reply, Tony....

I am letting this go---I think I won't make a mountain out of this simply because it's not real. When we get together, I'm sure he'll make it up to me anyways : )