halfway through

its been 6 weeks since i last saw my girlfriend and another 6 until i see her again! the past 6 weeks have been horrible so im dreading the next but i know as they continue to go down the excitement will start to kick in!! got to speak to her today on skype for the longest time possible so far (over an hour). was so nice to see her face n just talk to her without feeling like you have to rush! we do get to IM but her uni doesnt allow for own computers to be used so cant skype very regular. she tried an internet cafe once but it was a disaster, the connection was so bad it was infuriating. after every high there is always a low, and after having such a nice talk, bringing back memories, i feel so down now just wishing she was here in real life.

after speaking i decided to try and do a bit of planning for our trip together!! Its the trip of a lifetime anyway but to be able to spend it with her too will make it so much more amazing.

Just have it in the back of my mind that once its over it will be another dreadful 3 months until i see her again, unless i win the lottery!!! but at least once that is over we will be on the same continent!!

44 days to go, well 43 until i get on the plane!

I know how you feel. It's always ups and downs, I hate it. And I also hate when we have to hung up, I feel more alone afterwards than before we have talked. About, the lotto, yeah. . . tickets are so expensive, I wish that I didn't have to worry about that at least. I find myself day dreaming that I won very often.

Anyways, if it makes you feel better 6 weeks is not that long at all, I have to wait another 5 months. . . The time will fly away! And when you are together, you'll forget how long and painful it was.

I last saw my SO on November 10th and we are together again on April 8th, 6 weeks ish like you. I am well over the half way point and in many ways the second half is easier; instead of think about how long we have been apart I am now counting the days until we are together.I feel less sad and lonely in some ways, but more frustrated and impatient. I think that over the half way point (which felt significant) we are now nicely adjusted to the situation, the shock has gone and I have no doubts about how our LDR would work, which I did early on - we have fallen into a pattern which is very important I think. And planning our time together (and our wedding!) makes it all seem very exciting. Like you, going to see my SO is not just a normal trip but is also the trip of a lifetime, like you said. And really, how exciting is that?! My last girlfriend was from 5 miles away from where I live but now, I am going to Colombia. So yeah, people in non-LDRs are lucky in many ways but sometimes I think I wouldnt have it any other way...as long as it is temporary.

Hang in there, the worst is over :)

T

Edited by Taucher