My childhood friend, now my lover, is a farmer and I'm a professional divorcee.

[color=blue][/color] :love: I'm new at this so cut me some slack! I am finally with a man that I have know for at least 45 years. We spent every summer with each other as children, teenagers and adults. I have always found him extremely handsome and sexy. In Sept. of 2002 we started corresponding and became close through letter writing. He is a farmer, has very little money and no access to the internet. He doesn't have a phone in his house either. Anyway, I live in New England and he lives in the Mid West. I have flown out to be with him three times since we were together this past August. I have the good fortune of being financially independent ...he is the opposite. He is commited to the farm (it's been in his family for five generations). I am commited to staying in New England because I have a 14 yr.old son attending school here. We are incredibly sympatico, on the same wave length and deeply in love. How can we make this work?

"How can we make this work?

He is committed to the farm, you are committed to remaining in New England. The only way this will work is if your souls hook up posthumously. Meanwhile, visit him as often as you can. Unfortunately, given the brevity of your encounters I feel strongly that the various incompatibilities would not take a relationship between the two of you for a very span of time...unless there are a lot of time gaps in between personal contact just like there are now. Most of this is in your head.