Fell in love with a friend, but she's moving away

Naveenthebean142

Naveenthebean142

Hey everyone, I'm new at this, but I really need some help. I have a friend who used to live about 2 hours from me. I have known her for about a year, and i started to fall in love with her. And when I told her how i felt, she said she had felt the same.

About a week later, she told me she was moving to Colorado. I don't want to date anyone because I love her so much, but im only 15, i cant drive to see her. What do you think i should do? Please help.

• Author
Naveenthebean142

Hey people, I need some help, I'm in love, but I don't know how to make it work.

I met a girl over the internet in a game room, we lived about 2 hours from each other, and we exchanged email addresses, IM screen names, and phone numbers. In the first few months, we talked almost everyday, and then it just stopped. We didn't talk for about 6 months. Then, out of the blue, she left me a message on my cell phone, saying she moved to another city in the same state, and it took her and her family a long time to settle down. Then, she moved again, and it was a few months before I heard from her again.

All that time in between talking to her, I thought of her. My life felt so empty without her. So, I heard from her again, and we started talking everyday again. I started falling in love with her, and she was falling in love with me too. I told her how i felt, and she said she had been feeling that way for a long time, but she doesn't want to date me because she's afraid. She doesn't want to mess up our friendship, and she doesn't want her heart broken if we were break up. I kept telling her that everything would be fine, that my love for her would never die, but she kept saying she didn't want to get together, even though she is in love with me.

One day, she said, "I'm moving to Colorado." That was just devastating. We were planning on meeting in the next month or so, but now we can't. I want to get together with her, but distance is a problem.

Also, what can I do to get her to not be afraid of a relationship? I love her, she loves me, but she's afraid of me even though she knows that I will never hurt her.

I kind of find it hard to believe that you could be in love with her, having never met her. Maybe you are just in love with the idea of her. I mean, surely you must have an idea of what she looks like, acts like, etc and to you, she may seem like the perfect girl. But she may be totally different once you get to know her in person.

If she liked you (loved you?) as much as she says, then she would want to pursue a relationship.....she might just be playing you along. And why is she moving so much? Maybe that's just an excuse. Did she give you a reason for moving to Colorado????

It sounds a little fishy to me, but maybe you should just get in touch with her and talk to her and see what the deal is. Just tell her everything you said above....and see what she has to say.