What should I do?

pleasehelpme

A girl has been on my mind a lot lately. I met her through her best friend about 4 months ago, and she has been really nice. At that time, I was getting over my feelings for her best friend, and I didn't want to start a relationship... but she did help me get over her though. We actually shared similar experiences, because she was getting over a guy too. We were mutual advice givers at the time, I guess you could put it.

Recently, college got out, and now we are about 2 hours apart. We had fun together at college (me, her best friend, her, and other friends), and we are planning to do things over the summer together. I talk to her on AIM, and about two weeks ago she told me that she liked me. I told her I liked her too.

She goes to a college that is 10 minutes from mine. She told me that she wants to wait for Fall to come, so that we can try out the relationship, if the feelings are still there. She says she believes they will still be there.

She has been on my mind a lot lately, and I think I have been becoming too attached, mentally. I think it might be because it is due to insecurity with this. There are a lot of things to worry about, like meeting potentials or whatever...

I am also getting a little worried, because she has been calling me less, and getting online less too. Before, we were carefree, we would talk every day. Those were great days.

Now, I feel like she is pushing me away, and I asked her how come I could feel her push me away. She told me that she is like this, and that she is a little afraid. She doesn't want to think about it too much, because she doesn't want to hurt me, or herself. She told me she doesn't want to make me mad or lose something by saying things.

I think we are both alike, because we want to go back to the 'carefree stages,' and keep things the way they were, for now. Perhaps this is because of the fact that we are not with each other, and we don't want to get into something too much right now. Or perhaps this is a means of not to hurt each other if we meet someone over the summer (if..). But, I don't think we can go back to that, and my feelings for her are growing every day. I can't get her off of my mind, and every moment I think that I could be talking to her on my phone or online, and am not, kinda hurts inside. I don't want to spend my whole summer suffering like this.

Absence makes the heart grow fonder...

For one who waits, a moment seems like an eternity...

How can I deal with this?

daisywindmill

[font=times new roman][/font][color=darkred][/color]Hi :) I think the very first thing you need to do is establish whether or not you are in a relationship or not, as that seems quite unclear at the moment. Obviously you like this lady a lot, but how she feels for you and want she wants to do about it seems a little vague at the moment and that's not fair on you. She has to tell you it's on or it isn't! I can understand someone pushing away from another person, but in all honesty, a LDR relationship will be tough at times so you need to be close to one another on a daily basis with no game playing. That's my opinion anyway :D

• Author
pleasehelpme

See, that is the thing... We are not sure if we want to get into a relationship right now. It would be easier if we started in the fall. I think we don't want to do anything if it's not in person, because online and calling is just not enough.

I think her feelings for me are strong, even though she is trying to hide them. I think we are feeling the same things. I believe that we are a lot alike. I just don't know how to handle the situation, I don't have much past experience.

• Author
pleasehelpme

i am still distraught over this.. lately we have been ignoring the issue. It's just lying right there. Lately, I think I've been trying to think about it less. I don't want to ruin this, because I think I really like this girl. I am just playing it cool, and I think she is doing the same thing. I hope the summer goes by quickly though. I don't know if my heart can take it, I don't know if I can keep fighting this feeling...

Am I doing the right thing though? Is there anything else I could possibly do?