more and more serious...

hey guys,

I met this guy in India (he's Israeli, I'm British) where we were involved... we parted company on really good terms at the end of our trip, not really knowing when (or if) we would see each other again. I decided to go to Israel to see him 3 months later...had a really great time together, and he told me he was falling in love with me (and me with him). Fast forward to March, when he visited me in England. Again, we had a fantastic time and I think we are beginning to cement our relationship.

The only problem is that before it wasnt so serious, and as a result it wasnt such an issue that we were apart - we both got on with our own lives and saw each other whenever and wherever. Now though its getting harder and harder to be apart from him and I cant see it getting easier.

He's moved to Europe (italy), so its not so far and not so expensive anymore to see him. But, I really wanna be with him!!! Hes gonna be there for at least 5 years, I'm gonna be here for at least another 3. Will somebody reassure me that things are gonna be ok???

Will somebody reassure me that things are gonna be ok???

No one can do that. You have to go through the same process that every other relationship goes through to see if it works or not. The future is unseen.

i think that if you two committ to it, and see each other often enough, it can totally work out. make sure to have plans to live in the same place asap, though!

that's my views,

-yes

• Author

thanks for the two replies so far... yes thanks for the encouragement. He wants to move to London when he finishes his degree, although I dont think he'll be able to work as its hard for Israelis to get work visas....the only way he can is if we get married ;)

He could possibly live and work elsewhere in Europe...as a British citizen I can work anywhere in Europe too. We'll see though.

I am just new to this whole LD lark, and never thought for a minute I'd fall completely in love with someone from a random country. I always imagined myself with a banker named Phillip or something.

*sigh*