Distance and Fighting

Recently my boyfriend and I started a long distance relationship. He is still at school and I am at home a few hours away. Since I left all we have done is fight. He never starts the fights, it is always me. I keep getting jealous and upset about trivial things that normally wouldn't have bothered me. I am not the type to nag or yell at my boyfriend, but lately I feel like I have been getting mad about every little thing he does. What can I do to stop this? I feel horrible for getting mad all the time!

[color=indigo]

If you are getting mad at your boyfriend all the time and it's not your normal pattern, there is obviously something going on inside you that you need to become aware of. Maybe you're feeling intimidated and scared he is going to find someone else at school? You're definitely insecure or else there wouldn't be those outbursts. Maybe you're so afraid that he is going to run off with someone else that you are subconsciously starting fights to push him away so you are the one to break things up to lessen the blow incase he does come to you and say, "Honey, I've met someone else."

We do strange things that we aren't aware of until we stop and think about our actions. Think about why you're acting this way and what fears you have concerning your relationship. Once you find the answer, you can take the next step and start treating your boyfriend better.

[/color]

[color=violet]Long Distance Relationships suck anyway. I'm sure a lot of your problems have to do with the fact that you two AREN'T together. MY roommate and his wife are seperated by distance right now, and they fight a lot. It's bc its hard being away from each other, and sometimes it's easier to take out those frustrations on each other...bc I mean, it's hard to deal with.[/color]

• 1 month later...

Maybe you are mad that you two aren't together and you are taking your anger out on your boyfriend. If you can't handle the long distance thing, then maybe it's time to let it go.