What do you get a man for valentines day in a ldr?

noxnoctisangela

I'm having trouble thinking of some gift ideas on what to get him for valentines day...i'm kinda poor right now so i cant get him any thing to expensive. any ideas?

Guys as a rule don't look forward to "gifts" especially the type normally associated with St. Valentines Day. We m,ight appreciate the effort made to get a card or flowers but we don't look forward to such gifts.

I don't know the state of your relationship or how often you see each other but something like sexy photos of you or a phone or cybersex session would be something he would look forward to for a romantic holiday.

i would suggest a card .. it's sweet.. with something that you made personally.

I bought a valentines card for my SO, but i attached a bracelet on it to symbolize our connection ... though thousand miles apart ...

you can make yours too.. be creative!

My Fair Katie

Sexy note in a card with a calling card. When he calls--hot phone sex, your treat.

I hate to say it but men simply don't get weak at the knees for things like flowers or cards. Valentines day has and probably will always be seen by men as a day for women. It's a day reserved for us to get all mushy and express our feelings in a state sanctioned socially acceptable way. And we all know that we had better not screw it up. We aren't even thinking about what we are getting, well we are, we are thinking if getting IT. So if you even go to the trouble of getting him anything I think he'll appreciate it regardless what it is.

Women are much better at expressing their feelings for their SO than men so Valentine's Day is really an opportunity for men to express their feelings for their SO.

Wow, so much focus on sex! :o I like to think there's more to people than only that. While it's true we get into relationships for the physically intimate side of things, the intricate emotional details are just as important too!

My advice (which seems to get crushed by the non-romantics out there, so think long and hard about listening to me! :rolleyes: ) is to think of something personal between the two of you, and try to make a gift that has something to do with that. I don't know, my boyfriend likes it when we use nicknames for each other, for example, so is there something you could do like draw a picture of yourselves together having something to do with nicknames? I'm a big fan of drawings, even bad ones....

The sexy pictures idea was good, anything really sexual that he hasnt gotten yet but you know he would like would be good too, if you want to go the non sexual route you could get him some really good chocolate and send it to his work or something that way every one at his work knows how special he is to some one and he can kind of show it off. Now heres the big question ms. V day girl what are you hoping to get from him?

I hate to say it but men simply don't get weak at the knees for things like flowers or cards. Valentines day has and probably will always be seen by men as a day for women. It's a day reserved for us to get all mushy and express our feelings in a state sanctioned socially acceptable way. And we all know that we had better not screw it up. We aren't even thinking about what we are getting, well we are, we are thinking if getting IT. So if you even go to the trouble of getting him anything I think he'll appreciate it regardless what it is.

Women are much better at expressing their feelings for their SO than men so Valentine's Day is really an opportunity for men to express their feelings for their SO.

Cuncur

Women care much more about Valentines day then men. Most, 90% plus men are not just women with that thing hanging between our legs. We are different then women. As was posted for us Valentines Day a chore for which we are trained to accomplish in grade school. And we are under pressure to get it right.

For gifts? Men as a rule basically are not looking forward to anything. To us romance=sex. The way we see it if we romance you well enough something will happen with our penis.

What about making him a gift to send him such as:

---100 reasons why I love you

---A collections of your secrets you'd like to confess to him (my guy would love this x.x) You can do these sort-of like postsecret and make one that confesses your love to him or something (possibly a few "dirty" i-want-you secrets too? you can add some of your photos in there as well)

---You can find movies online that were uploaded illegally. Set up a time for you two to watch one. Tell him you need to talk with him online at a certain time for, at least, as long as the movie. Send him the link when he gets online and tell him you'd like to see a movie with him :) it's great if you have decent internet connection!

---Collection of your favorite memories with him. He'll remember how good those were too :)

---A sexual cam. show if possible, a story of yours about some sexual encounter with him (what you'd like to do with him, eh? fantasies are great to work with), or some dirty talk on the phone.

...and...that's all I have for now!