My friend won't stop sleeping with a married man

My best female friend from high school (I am also female, we are both in our twenties) lives a few states away. She has fairly low self esteem and is not very mature but I love her like a sister. This girl started seeing a guy from work two years ago. He's married. He promised her he would leave his wife, and of course he hasn't. She has graduated college and is still living in the same small town, being depressed and spending her time waiting to see him and fighting with him about when he's going to end his marriage (which is only about three years old and involves no kids).

I know that he won't leave his wife. She emails me and tells me everything he says, and I can see that he is just using her. His excuses are very standard.

My friend says I'm the only one she can talk to about this. I want to stay on her good side (meaning, I don't want to alienate her by lecturing) but how can I help convince her to end this? I want to be a good friend but I also want to shake her and tell her she's being an idiot.

So far, I've been supportive of her feelings and tried to suggest that he isnt' worth it by pointing out how much pain he's putting her through. I wish I could convince her to stop. I know I can't make her decision for her, but does anyone have any suggestions on a good way for me to help her through this? She's getting very sad, and I'm scared for her.