Intense flirting for weeks then nothing

So about a month ago, my coworker started to flirt with me. I took it all as a joke and joked back with him. A couple of weeks in, he has taken it to the edge of realness. Making comments about my looks, flattery, etc. Then last week he was giving me smoldering looks and saying he liked my ass and then to top it off touching my hand. I was sure enjoying the attention and flirted right back. Then next time I see him at work, nothing... Why bother to flirt with me at all? Boredom? Just to see if he could? I'm kinda offended but maybe he was just joking the whole time.... Confused please advise!

Maybe he finally thought better of getting involved in a co worker.

Only he can answer about why he did what he did & you can't ask him. Chalk it up to something that was fun but is now over.

• Like 1

How long have you been at this job? Maybe this is the culture of the office, to find out who will and who won't.

Maybe he doesn't want to lose his job or get written up. It's possible a supervisor overheard his comments to you and threatened to get him written up for sexual harassment if it continued. He's probably staying on his best behavior now.

• Author

Been there for 2 years and we've both been there the entire time...

Yeah I guess I'll say it was fun while it lasted.

He probably already has someone else and is just flirting to spice up his days at work. I don't think a guy who is interested in more than just sex with a girl would tell her that her ass looks good as any girl would immediately know what he wants. That is not something a guy would say to a girl he wanted to get to know outside of the sack even though he does like her ass.

Someone busted him, told his GF now he has to kool it.

OR someone reported it to HR and he was spoken to about his conduct at work.

• Author

Don't poop where you eat? LOL

Since I posted things have heated up. So after a couple weeks of nothing, he's back at it. He came up to me and started rubbing my shoulders. We were alone in the breakroom at the time.

He for sure just wants a lay. The question now is, am I up for some no-strings sex? I've never slept with a coworker... It might get too awkward after.