Is he attracted to her?

If a guy talks to his supervisor at work a lot, and jokes "don't tell mom" about telling her something, does that mean he's not attracted to her? I have a crush on the guy and want to know if he likes his supervisor.

Personally if I had a crush on a guy, I would never joke like that because it would be very off-putting to think of him as "dad".

A few months ago, he made a joke about telling his parents she was his girlfriend, so I was worried.

Keep in mind that most men don't even have interest in being buddies with women and wouldn't bother if they weren't initially attracted. So the answer to is he attracted to her is usually yes, but that doesn't mean they will pursue it or that the relationship hasn't changed. I just see them as joking around, and you joke around with people you like.

• Like 2
  • Author

Yeah but can you even imagine making that joke about someone you had a crush on? Seems wrong to me. I'd make it about a co-worker I was just casually flirting with, but not one I really liked.

• 1 month later...

You are over analyzing and assuming over nothing. IMO they are just two coworkers that have bonded and can easily joke around with each other. It is nothing sexual or otherwise. You are looking at it through jealous eyes.....not healthy. I don't see how you could ever handle dating him...you would be watching and questioning his behavior.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
Yeah but can you even imagine making that joke about someone you had a crush on? Seems wrong to me. I'd make it about a co-worker I was just casually flirting with, but not one I really liked.

Yes. That is in fact what usually happens. Most people will not act on anything in the workplace because their job is more important to them than having sex with some guy at work. But people who work together get to know each other and some of them become friends and everyplace I've worked there has been a lot of teasing and banter. Outgoing people have no problem joking around with everyone at work and probably enjoy doing it most with anyone they are a little attracted to.